Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Anyone who thinks the astros are better...what have they done this off-season to prove that? They lost their best player, their key bullpen piece (to us) and havent added anyone significant....and their ace isnt starting year on IL. I dont see it.

Since I have the window open, right now the Astros are projected to be dramatically (2 wins) better than the white Sox at 2b, 3b, RF, and DH. The white Sox are comparably better at CF and C, with a decent lead at SS (1 win).  1b and Lf are close and the rotations are a wash. On paper this gives the Astros a continuing narrow advantage.

Anyone who thinks the astros are better...what have they done this off-season to prove that? They lost their best player, their key bullpen piece (to us) and havent added anyone significant....and their ace is starting year on IL. I dont see it.

Kyrie Tucker, Alvarez, Bregman, and Altuve might be better hitters than anybody on the Sox…

12 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Anyone who thinks the astros are better...what have they done this off-season to prove that? They lost their best player, their key bullpen piece (to us) and havent added anyone significant....and their ace is starting year on IL. I dont see it.

Okay so the Sox are “better” than the Astros. What if they drew another AL team in the first round like the Blue Jays or Yankees?

20 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

They didn't need to do much this off season after they smoked us and have been to 5 straight ALCS'. What have we done this off season to pass them? 

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Definitely Correa to the Twins. At least the Rockies were linked to Bryant. I don't think anyone expected the Correa signing.

The Twins weren’t crying bankrupt in the negotiations 2 months beforehand and they were in the playoffs in 2020. Plus, the Rockies just dumped a 3b. I can’t make any sense of the Rockies’ move.

• Like 1

Just now, reiks12 said:

Do people here honestly think Kopech is going to replace Rodons production from last year? What are you smoking?

You mean be overworked and then throw a half-hearted start in the ALDS? I think Kopech can handle that.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Do people here honestly think Kopech is going to replace Rodons production from last year? What are you smoking?

Kopech without injuries already would be the ace of the staff. I don't understand why people have soured on him so much. He should be an exceptional #5

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Kopech without injuries already would be the ace of the staff. I don't understand why people have soured on him so much. He should be an exceptional #5

Rodon without injuries would win the cy young though right?

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

He should be, but innings will be very limited,  probably fewer than Rodon because he still is expected to be around after 2022. They really can't ride him hard and put him away wet like Carlos.

5 minutes ago, KBX said:

You mean be overworked and then throw a half-hearted start in the ALDS? I think Kopech can handle that.

If you actually watched every pitch, it was far from half-hearted...he was giving it every thing he had.  That description fits the relievers in that game a lot better.

Kopech without injuries already would be the ace of the staff

yeah his potential is there, but he made his debut 4 years ago and has 83 innings under his belt. Not many as a starter. Hes not going to be counted on to do anything drastic this year. In that same time Rodon threw 300 innings. 

9 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Did people expect Rodon to be Rodon of last year when he signed for pennies to stay here?

of course not, people werent clamoring that we wouldnt need another pitcher because we had Rodon returning either

10 minutes ago, KBX said:

Lets hope they dont go the Rodon route with Kopech. Also if you think Rodon didnt care about that playoff game then you definitely didnt watch it or have ever played a competitive sport in your life. Im sure he was "half hearted" throwing his first career postseason start in a contract year after almost having to retire from baseball. Nice take 

Edited by reiks12
  • Like 1

• Quin locked this topic