Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Roster Resource has Leury Garcia as our RF against RHP…

Like for the love of god please sign Michael Conforto!

That would be so White Sox and TLR, making Vaughn the weak-side of a RF platoon along with Leury.

Who knew that under-the-radar Alex Rios deal would have such long-term ramifications back then, or even 2-3 years ago, for that matter?

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to platoon Leury and Harrison instead?   Or am I missing something here about Leury's non-stellar RF defense?

Edited by caulfield12

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

At this point you try slipping him through waivers and simply accept defeat when someone claims him.

I don't think anyone will. I feel like people haven't really looked at his minor league career and noticed the 30%+ strikeout rate. He isn't ready for MLB action. I honestly think he's be lucky to hit over .200 right now, if ever. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

That would be so White Sox and TLR, making Vaughn the weak-side of a RF platoon along with Leury.

Who knew that under-the-radar Alex Rios deal would have such long-term ramifications back then, or even 2-3 years ago, for that matter?

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to platoon Leury and Harrison instead?   Or am I missing something here about Leury's non-stellar RF defense?

Leury isn’t good against RHP despite being a “switch hitter”, so platooning him with a bunch of RH hitters doesn’t make sense to anyone but Rick Hahn & Tony La Russa.

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

How does Rios fit into this?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Probably pitch the game Kopech starts.

If they keep 15 relievers, those 14-15 guys aren't going to pitch unless the game is well out of hand.

If you keep adolfo and send him down later, after all other designations and claims, there's a better chance you get to keep him imo. However small that difference may be.

4 hours ago, wegner said:

I feel like I've been waiting for Micker to get to the big leagues for 15 years....I'd like to keep him around for a bit to see what we've got with him.  

This 28 person roster may be what Micker needs to showcase his wares.  He does appear to have the tools.

45 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If they keep 15 relievers, those 14-15 guys aren't going to pitch unless the game is well out of hand.

If you keep adolfo and send him down later, after all other designations and claims, there's a better chance you get to keep him imo. However small that difference may be.

For that first month the starters will have very short outings. After that it will be similar to a normal Spring training.

3 hours ago, wegner said:

Hey how about some changes that could help our Sox...like the old neighborhood rule when you didn't have enough guys for a game....Right Field Out

I must have played a thousand games with that rule in place.

• Quin locked this topic