Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

Why would a team give up anything significant for Adolfo, when they know that they can just wait for the Rule 5 Draft, unless the Sox can convince that team that he is going to remain on the roster?

Edited by Lillian

3 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Why would a team give up anything significant for Adolfo, when they know that they can just wait for the Rule 5 Draft, unless the Sox can convince that team that he is going to remain on the roster?

Nobody is going to give up anything significant, but teams that are lower down on the waiver list may give up a low level prospect to avoid having some other team claim him.

20 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Rule 5 draft?  Rule 5 draft isn't for 10 months.  Sox have to make a decision on Adolfo in the next couple days.  

30 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Rule 5 draft?  Rule 5 draft isn't for 10 months.  Sox have to make a decision on Adolfo in the next couple days.  

Why did Adolfo wait this long to start looking this good?  I don't think I can take another Tatis.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Nobody is going to give up anything significant, but teams that are lower down on the waiver list may give up a low level prospect to avoid having some other team claim him.

Of course, that makes sense. I wasn't thinking straight. Thanks

You remember when TLR said when in doubt add more pitching, we’ll here we are. Now I think we need to add. Even though Cueto hasn’t pitched the whole Spring, I think they need to give him a good look along with Anderson. If they go down the trade route, they should package Adolfo with Sheets and see what they can get. 

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Why did Adolfo wait this long to start looking this good?  I don't think I can take another Tatis.

49 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Injuries are what really set him back.

What he said.  He's hardly even been healthy. Just ran out of time. Sucks - I like him too. I'd probably just hold him thru April on the 28 man honestly and see if he's needed assuming there are no offers worth taking.

If you can flip him for anything useful for the pitching staff, you 100% have to do it. 

• Quin locked this topic