Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

Just now, caulfield12 said:

How is that possibly helping us?  Price as a starter again?  All these moves simply seem like compounding two mistakes at present (trade and then picking up the option) into even worse ones.

Yeah I'm just speculating based on the rumors and what LA would be interested in doing, but only way I could see them giving up a Bellinger type for Kimbrel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

The Dodgers are not in the business of being dumb.  They’re not going to give up Bellinger before someone like Pollock.

Pollock is pretty cheap for the next 2 years, although he might opt out of his player option next year if he has another good season like 2021. 

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This is how I see it too. If his trade value right now is just some bench players from LA, then I don't think he can lower his value that much more. You might as well hope he rebounds and deal him at the deadline. 

my though is if we get nothing back apart from salary relief, I'd rather keep him and honestly try him out at closer, move Hendriks to the 8th (since he said he'd welcome it) and see what happens for a month.

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Yeah I'm just speculating based on the rumors and what LA would be interested in doing, but only way I could see them giving up a Bellinger type for Kimbrel. 

Well, then we would really be in trouble from a financial flexibility/CBT perspective.

At this point, I might even roll the dice and do it just to change this terrible dynamic with Kimbrel in limbo, but JR will never sign off on it.  At least it’s a bit creative and interesting, and provides huge upside with Bellinger.

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

my though is if we get nothing back apart from salary relief, I'd rather keep him and honestly try him out at closer, move Hendriks to the 8th (since he said he'd welcome it) and see what happens for a month.

Man, you had me with the keep him part, but that move Hendriks out of the 9th part has always been so weird to me. You're basically punishing Hendriks because Kimbrel sucks.

• Thanks 1

Kimbrel for David Price and Bellinger.

Kind of solves everyones issues doesn't it?  Sox take on Price' horrendous contract (adds a 5th starter/swing for us), and get a lefty RF.  This would take us to the CBA limit though I imagine, but everything would be solved. Maybe we get a little cash?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Man, you had me with the keep him part, but that move Hendriks out of the 9th part has always been so weird to me. You're basically punishing Hendriks because Kimbrel sucks.

I would only do it for April to see what happens.  I mean, this division will not realistically be close at all, so we have some play room. If it doesn't work and he loses us 2-games, who cares?

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dodgers have no pitching depth, I highly doubt they would trade Price at this point.

Buehler, Kershaw, Urias, Heaney, Gonsolin, Dustin May.  Bauer if he ever returns, they don't need Price. 

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Kind of solves everyones issues doesn't it?  Sox take on Price' horrendous contract (adds a 5th starter/swing for us), and get a lefty RF.  This would take us to the CBA limit though I imagine, but everything would be solved. Maybe we get a little cash?

They said might take a few days because of moving pieces so maybe we are moving Keuchel to create some room to lessen the blow of prices money. They'd have to eat prolly 6m of the 18m but they could move him and save 12m to help with price.

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The one thing it does is get Vaughn sent down to Charlotte until Sheets falters at DH…improves the defense…still will believe it when I see it, though.   Just so much money for JR to sign off on.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The one thing it does is get Vaughn sent down to Charlotte until Sheets falters at DH…improves the defense…still will believe it when I see it, though.   Just so much money for JR to sign off on.

Yeah it seems way out there, the "what the Sox were willing to eat and west coast team" just got my gears churning. 

Edited by JoeCredeYes
typo

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Buehler, Kershaw, Urias, Heaney, Gonsolin, Dustin May.  Bauer if he ever returns, they don't need Price. 

Kershaw and Dustin May are hurt; May out until at the earliest June/July. Bauer will likely be suspended for a decent chunk of the season.

The Dodgers don't even have 5 starters as of now. ANd they are relying on Heaney and Gonsolin right now. Price is very likely going to receive starts in the first few months of the season.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

They said might take a few days because of moving pieces so maybe we are moving Keuchel to create some room to lessen the blow of prices money. They'd have to eat prolly 6m of the 18m but they could move him and save 12m to help with price.

That makes our rotation really short, unless you really believe in Price at this point in his career…the first three are fine, but then you have Kopech/Crochet, Lopez and Velazquez.

Kershaw and Dustin May are hurt; May out until at the earliest June/July. Bauer will likely be suspended for a decent chunk of the season.

The Dodgers don't even have 5 starters as of now. ANd they are relying on Heaney and Gonsolin right now. Price is very likely going to receive starts in the first few months of the season.

They can just slide Carson Fulmer in until everyone is healthy 😂

Wait a minute.  I thought they were the penultimate franchise and went over the cap because they have a complete team.

• Quin locked this topic