Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

Just now, ptatc said:

Wait a minute.  I thought they were the penultimate franchise and went over the cap because they have a complete team.

Not sure who said that, I laid out that most teams have pitching depth issues. Dodgers also have one of the best lineups of the last 50 years, and one of the reason they're short arms is because Bauer is a clown. With Bauer, May and Kershaw they have 6 starters - 7 if you count Gonsolin. If the Sox didn't have Giolito and Cease they'd be starting Me and Wegner.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Vaughn bomb after hearing people relegate him to AAA for Gavin freaking Sheets.

Vaughn doesn't need to get work in against bum AAA arms. Guy needs to learn at the big league level.

This we agree on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Not sure who said that, I laid out that most teams have pitching depth issues. Dodgers also have one of the best lineups of the last 50 years, and one of the reason they're short arms is because Bauer is a clown. With Bauer, May and Kershaw they have 6 starters - 7 if you count Gonsolin. If the Sox didn't have Giolito and Cease they'd be starting Me and Wegner.

Too true 

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Vaughn bomb after hearing people relegate him to AAA for Gavin freaking Sheets.

Vaughn doesn't need to get work in against bum AAA arms. Guy needs to learn at the big league level.

Because of TLR and Hahn, lol.  Nothing would surprise me, as we tend to excel in devaluing young assets.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I'm curious to see what he gets. Tepera is a much better bet to stay healthy than Kelly. His stuff isn't as good, but the results are hard to argue against. 

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've never been a fan of service time manipulation in the first place, and it should honestly never be happening during the middle of a championship window none the less outside of one.

A month of Sheets over Vaughn at DH is worth an extra year of Vaughn IMO.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

I wonder if some sort of three-way trade with the Sox, Dodgers and A's is plausible. Something along the lines of the Sox getting Bellinger, Dodgers getting Kimbrel and Montas or Manaea, A's getting prospects and/or MLB ready talent (Sheets? Lux?).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I wonder if some sort of three-way trade with the Sox, Dodgers and A's is plausible. Something along the lines of the Sox getting Bellinger, Dodgers getting Kimbrel and Montas or Manaea, A's getting prospects and/or MLB ready talent (Sheets? Lux?).

that would satisfy the tweet of "moving parts". nicely done and reasonable all around. 

47 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A month of Sheets over Vaughn at DH is worth an extra year of Vaughn IMO.

Sheets is a much better hitter against right handed pitching right now than Andrew Vaughn.  That's not manipulation; that's just common sense.  Vaughn, meanwhile, crushes lefties.  They are a natural platoon.  

Sure, you want to find some ABs for Vaughn against righties, but it shouldn't come by benching Sheets, who was the Sox' second best hitter last year against right handers.  Yes, even better than Luis Robert.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, VAfan said:

Sheets is a much better hitter against right handed pitching right now than Andrew Vaughn.  That's not manipulation; that's just common sense.  Vaughn, meanwhile, crushes lefties.  They are a natural platoon.  

Sure, you want to find some ABs for Vaughn against righties, but it shouldn't come by benching Sheets, who was the Sox' second best hitter last year against right handers.  Yes, even better than Luis Robert.

yeah, last year he was.

• Quin locked this topic