Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

58 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would the cubs let Rizzo go and then acquire Hosmer lol. Amazing.

When ny beat writers hypothesize who will  take their trash it’s always hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would the cubs let Rizzo go and then acquire Hosmer lol. Amazing.

Probably for dreaded veteran leadership...LH...almost no cost to acquire and questions about Schwindel and Wisdom being core pieces, plus the DH and the Cubs have something the Mets want?

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

I think he’s saying that Madrigal’s “per game” stats in 2021 are meaningless because he will rarely play a full season. 

I think it’s totally fair to call out Madrigal for his lack of durability, but the kid was a valuable hitter when he played which is the point ChiSox59 was making.  It’s silly to say that rate based stats aren’t important.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

Not really transaction related, but interesting for prospect fans or anyone looking for a sleeper in fantasy baseball. It looks like a lot more top 100 caliber prospects will be starting on their teams respective Opening Day rosters than in seasons past. I'm not sure if it's because of the draft pick incentives in the CBA or what, but definitely good for the game overall.

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Old friend Konnor Pilkingington made the Guardians OD roster. He might deserve the 5th or 6th starter role if he were still in the organization.

He didn't even pitch in AAA. Guardians are either really short on starters or they really like him. 

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He didn't even pitch in AAA. Guardians are either really short on starters or they really like him. 

They have 5 healthy starters on paper, they must prefer Pilkington as a bulk guy over their other upper minors pitching options. His AA performance for the Sox and Guardians last year was dominant enough where I don't think having him skip over AAA is crazy, but he certainly didn't strike me as the most likely candidate just looking at their other options.

With that said, if Pilkington were still in the Sox org, I think a lot of us would be clamoring for him to break camp with the Sox too

19 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Old friend Konnor Pilkingington made the Guardians OD roster. He might deserve the 5th or 6th starter role if he were still in the organization.

I know Dunning was used to acquire Lynn and hasn’t set the world on fire, but if we were able to acquire players with minor league talent that aren’t major league ready, we would actually have decent SP depth right now.

On the offensive side, we are looking at the same scenario where they have to trade major league ready Sheets/Burger/Romy and even potentially Vaughn to acquire SP. SP we might not even need if the first paragraph wasn’t necessary.

I wish this organization knew how to stock pile minor league talent without trading elite major league players, and that they didn’t think major league depth and surplus are the same thing.

Edited by Sambuca
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hosmer as a full time DH would have been puke worthy. Hosmer's contract is a lot like Keuchel's, except you're stuck with it for like 4 more years. 

45 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

This is an issue with our middling Player Dev not scouting. The Indians have build a machine in getting good command pitchers in middle rounds and finding velo for them. 

• Quin locked this topic