Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

11 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Twins aleady have such a big logjam in the corner OF/1B spot. I wonder if Larnach would be in the trade then?

I could see the Padres getting  Rogers with them sending Myers and Paddack along with some money. 

I'm not sure why they'd have to include Larnach into the trade unless they're trying to bring back better prospects from San Diego. 

Rogers and Larnach for Paddack, Gore, and Pagan probably works out. 

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I could see the Padres getting  Rogers with them sending Myers and Paddack along with some money. 

I'm not sure why they'd have to include Larnach into the trade unless they're trying to bring back better prospects from San Diego. 

I know Myers isn't very good, but dealing him would leave the Padres with a dearth of corner OF options. Beaty would probably be in the strong side of a platoon, but his defense is terrible and he was just DFA'd. If the deal gets expanded more, Larnach is someone that would make sense for the Padres, but yeah, going off the names we've heard so far it wouldn't make sense for the Twins to include him.

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I know Myers isn't very good, but dealing him would leave the Padres with a dearth of corner OF options. Beaty would probably be in the strong side of a platoon, but his defense is terrible and he was just DFA'd. If the deal gets expanded more, Larnach is someone that would make sense for the Padres, but yeah, going off the names we've heard so far it wouldn't make sense for the Twins to include him.

You're probably right about them needing Myers even though he's overpaid. It'll be interesting to see what other prospect Minnesota gets if they do include Larnach into this deal. I have a hard time believing the Padres would give up a ton of their pitching depth for Larnach and Rogers. 

Just now, fathom said:

Maybe Larnach goes elsewhere in a deal for a reliever

I think he'd fill such a massive need for the Padres and at this point he'd be expendable depth for the Twins. I think Larnach is too good/valuable to deal for a reliever, but obviously that's not something everyone would agree with.

16 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Rogers and Larnach for Paddack, Gore, and Pagan probably works out. 

I have a hard time believing they're going to trade Gore.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Maybe that's why Romy was scratched tonight

kidding, mostly.

Yeah, I don't think we should be in the business of helping the Twins and Padres facilitate deals. 

• Quin locked this topic