Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

Just now, Jerksticks said:

So why is Kenley Jansen at $16M considered adding to a loaded bullpen while Craig Kimbrel at $16M is an untradeable box of milk duds?

Cause all Jansen costs is money. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah, cause a lot of people thought Conforto would take a 1 year prove it deal or take the QO. 

MLBTraderumors had Castellanos getting a 5/$115M deal, so this came in light than their expectations.  Regardless, I think Conforto gets less Nick given their radically different 2021 seasons.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

MLBTraderumors had Castellanos getting a 5/$115M deal, so this came in light than their expectations.  Regardless, I think Conforto gets less Nick given their radically different 2021 seasons.

Yeah that seems high. And FanGraphs' crowd source of 4 years and $64 million was way too low. But then again, I don't think the sabermetric crowd has ever liked Castellanos cause of his defense. 

• Like 1

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Well he didn’t throw cold water on Conforto 

I really can't stand the "X player to X team" people on Twitter. Why make that your entire online persona? It's just fucking weird. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Because kenley Jansen was deemed to be worth 1 year 16 million. Not 1 year 16 million + a top prospect or a quality mlb player.

Right I remember the past, but in the present day apparently his 1/16 is market value or amazingly below.  Interesting stuff. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Did find that interesting.  Has anyone asked Stoney how he expects outfield defense to improve with Vaughn and Sheets out there?

Nah but he just responded to my castellanos posting saying we have enough right handed hitters 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Did find that interesting.  Has anyone asked Stoney how he expects outfield defense to improve with Vaughn and Sheets out there?

It wouldn't have improved with Castellanos.

You could see how tonight's events would lead to Kimbrel getting salary dumped and Conforto signing with the Sox to a deal that's in the range of what Castellanos got. They were willing to pay in that range for Wheeler, after all.

But it's just difficult for me to believe everything will align for the Sox that perfectly until I actually see it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Right I remember the past, but in the present day apparently his 1/16 is market value or amazingly below.  Interesting stuff. 

If he was getting paid market value, then he wouldn't be tradeable at that rate for a viable prospect. I'm not sure you even know what you're arguing.

• Quin locked this topic