Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

5 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Are you guys mad about this? Why?

Twins aren't good and this keeps him away from playoff opponents like the Astros and Yankees. This is good news for the Sox, especially if it makes them pony up for Conforto now. 🤷

Twins won't be as bad as they were last year, and I'd be surprised if they are done. They grab Montas or Manaea and they have a solid team.

Our Sox never answer back, I wouldn't expect them to now.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

There’s no way the White Sox are keeping Gio, Cease or Anderson.

Put all the chips in for the next 2-3 seasons.

They desperately need another pitcher, or to get someone to pay 2/3rds of Keuchel’s deal and reallocate that money.

Buxton

Arraez

Correa

Polanco

Sano

Kepler

G. Sanchez

Kiriloff

Urshela

Also have Larnach and Rooker…

If you think about, they kind of just combined Donaldson's bat and Simmons' defense from last year into Correa. 

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Twins won't be as bad as they were last year, and I'd be surprised if they are done. They grab Montas or Manaea and they have a solid team.

Our Sox never answer back, I wouldn't expect them to now.

They need a lot more than Montas or Manaea. They need about 3-4 bullpen arms, at least 1-2 more SP and more position players. Look at their roster, it's not good. Correa gets them to .500, maybe?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

If they get back the All-Star versions of Polanco and Sano, that’s a really dangerous line-up.

Polanco was really good last year. Sano, if he actually gets into shape, might be good again. That's a big if though. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

They need a lot more than Montas or Manaea. They need about 3-4 bullpen arms, at least 1-2 more SP and more position players. Look at their roster, it's not good. Correa gets them to .500, maybe?

They still have Rogers and Duffey in the pen, Thielbar.

Former first rounders Nick Gordon and Lewis for depth/trade pieces…or Correa replacements.

Most importantly, some excitement again for a discouraged fanbase.

They still have Rogers and Duffey in the pen, Thielbar.

Former first rounders Nick Gordon and Lewis for depth/trade pieces…or Correa replacements.

Most importantly, some excitement again for a discouraged fanbase.

IDK about you, but I'd like Twins fans to stay discouraged. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Polanco was really good last year. Sano, if he actually gets into shape, might be good again. That's a big if though. 

I should have said 2019/21 and not 2020.

He was on my fantasy team in 19, that’s why I remembered all his XB hits, but almost as good last year playing in obscurity.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jorge-polanco/13152/stats?position=SS

General reactions from the fanbases that thought they had a shot at Correa

Astros: super pissed

Cubs: just kinda pissed and thought they could match

Yankees: pissed that the Twins took advantage of them

General reactions from the fanbases that thought they had a shot at Correa

Astros: super pissed

Cubs: just kinda pissed and thought they could match

Yankees: pissed that the Twins took advantage of them

And they’ll all be going after him again in 10 months

13 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

They're the exact type of team that could be a thorn in the side of the Sox and take advantage of some untimely Sox injuries. Maybe the competition will be good for the Sox, but they got a whole lot better and have the pieces to continue to add if they want.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS

IDK about you, but I'd like Twins fans to stay discouraged. 

Overall, it’s better for baseball if there are more competitive teams and match-ups.

Cleveland, Balt, Pittsburgh, AZ, Colorado, Oakland and Cincy are already dead in the water.

Marlins still aren’t spending.  That’s 1/4th of MLB just off the top of my head.  

KC also might never have enough money again to sustain a winner if it requires $175-190 million payrolls.  TB eventually will have their payrolls catch up with them as well. 

Overall, it’s better for baseball if there are more competitive teams and match-ups.

Cleveland, Balt, Pittsburgh, AZ, Colorado, Oakland and Cincy are already dead in the water.

Marlins still aren’t spending.  That’s 1/4th of MLB just off the top of my head.  

KC also might never have enough money again to sustain a winner if it requires $175-190 million payrolls.  TB eventually will have their payrolls catch up with them as well. 

I don’t care about the health of baseball, I care about the WSox

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

They're the exact type of team that could be a torn in the side of the Sox and take advantage of some untimely Sox injuries. Maybe the competition will be good for the Sox, but they got a whole lot better and have the pieces to continue to add if they want.

Looking at all those RHP, maybe having Conforto on the Sox would be beneficial 

• Like 2

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It's like the entire league backed away from Conforto, and the Sox are pulling another Machado (granted much smaller scale).

Does Conforto have any relatives we can trade for? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It's like the entire league backed away from Conforto, and the Sox are pulling another Machado (granted much smaller scale).

It would be shocking at this point if he didn’t end up in Boston, Texas or SD.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

At least with Machado we knew they were interested in signing him if he fell into their laps. Right now with Conforto, we're just speculating because it makes sense on paper. No one that's plugged in has linked them with Conforto at all.

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

One of the smarter twitter accounts a few days ago suggested Boras would scheme this to where Conforto was the last man standing 

• Thanks 1

I feel like the Sox don't have a good feel of how to appease the players they want to sign in terms of their relatives. 

With Machado, we got his relatives and he didn't sign here.

With Wheeler, we didn't appease his wife and he didn't sign here. Gotta know which players are truly family first. 

• Quin locked this topic