Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This team is very sensitive to criticism and know they got hammered the last several times they dealt with Preller.

Can u imagine the PR nightmare that would ensue if we took their crap and they signed Conforto after Machado and after He Who Shall Not Ride Bikes.

I'm confident that someone in the FO can see this hurricane coming. 

They aren’t trading for Wil Myers. He solves exactly zero problems. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

This has been gone over numerous times on this board. This FO isn't bad at developing young talent and then signing them to team friendly deals. They deserve credit for that. This FO is terrible at evaluating veteran ML talent and valuing them correctly in trades and free agency. 

…young talent that they traded for…

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Do you honestly think a PR blowback about Conforto going to SD is at the top of their concerns?

It's a legit concern with their history with SD.

Also on the merits, if the best they can do on Kimbrel is to get SDs crap who isn't even LHH then I don't even know what to say

Edited by SoCalChiSox

This team is very sensitive to criticism and know they got hammered the last several times they dealt with Preller.

Can u imagine the PR nightmare that would ensue if we took their crap and they signed Conforto after Machado and after He Who Shall Not Ride Bikes.

I'm confident that someone in the FO can see this hurricane coming. 

I mean, they didn't give a shit about bringing back TLR and there're was plenty of negative reaction to that.  If they aren't chasing Conforto they won't care if he goes to SD after the deal.  They can't control what other teams do.

Just now, turnin' two said:

Honestly, that makes him a pretty logical solution. 

Nah, not really. The Sox FO isn’t nearly as dumb as some of you want to believe. But whatever, not arguing about it today. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This has been gone over numerous times on this board. This FO isn't bad at developing young talent and then signing them to team friendly deals. They deserve credit for that. This FO is terrible at evaluating veteran ML talent and valuing them correctly in trades and free agency. 

Doesn't mean I have to agree.

I guess we'll agree they a partially competent then, not incompetent. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

…young talent that they traded for…

I guess Robert and Anderson are the exceptions here, but yes. Eloy, Cease, Giolito, Moncada, and Kopech are all from trades. Although I think you can argue that Gio and Cease have grown quite a bit while in the Sox system. 

It's a legit concern with their history with SD.

Also on the merits, if the best they can do on Kimbrel is to get SDs crap who isn't even RHH then I don't even know what to say

Its an indictment for sure, but I don't think the two are connected enough to enter their thought process.

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They aren’t trading for Wil Myers. He solves exactly zero problems. 

You can also get similar production from the other side of the plate for $6 million in Joc Pederson. Myers would be making a trade just for the sake of making a trade. Which Hahn literally said he should not do the other day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

OK, sorry. Just having fun.  Wasn't intended to be serious.

Fair enough.  Just a little sick of reading all the negativity on here lately.  No ill will intended. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

You can also get similar production from the other side of the plate for $6 million in Joc Pederson. Myers would be making a trade just for the sake of making a trade. Which Hahn literally said he should not do the other day. 

Joc Pederson who is now on the Giants?

42 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I hadn’t gotten that far when I made the post and was just guessing who could fit the bill.  To be honest, Kimbrel for Bellinger seems so ridiculously one sided that I didn’t even fathom it being an option.

McKinstry, Outman, Raley, Beaty all LH OF on the Dodgers 40

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

• Quin locked this topic