We should just get Castellanos

bmags

We are in a familiar cycle.

At the end of a season, falling short, a sober Hahn sits in front of microphones and coldly addresses how they must address the clubs faults in order to compete with the best teams. 

Their weaknesses always tend to be the things most expensive to acquire, and so they go around the offseason saying "hello mr. all-around-power-hitting-lefty, here is our amazing market level contract for you" and then telling every mid-level employee and contract lawyer near them how aggressive they are and smart they are and then their jaw drops when mr. all-around-power-hitting-lefty leaves with another team.

But since we are an older, wiser, mature group of posters now we know that you can't force your life partner (in this case, our white sox) to be someone they are not. They won't be a forward-looking, disciplined, well rounded organization no matter how hard we pine.

But they are a damn good team. And if they want to win a world series with just first baseman and relief pitchers, then I am going to love and support them.

And god damn it, White Sox. Be who you are, and go and sign Nick Castellanos. This team is so good, and you are right, you only need Right Handed fat players if you also have Luis Robert.

So go be the white soxiest team that can white sox.

Thank you for reading my vafan post.

(the actual white sox move is Gavin Sheets in RF, we know this is happening, this is the bargaining phase)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, bmags said:

We are in a familiar cycle.

At the end of a season, falling short, a sober Hahn sits in front of microphones and coldly addresses how they must address the clubs faults in order to compete with the best teams. 

Their weaknesses always tend to be the things most expensive to acquire, and so they go around the offseason saying "hello mr. all-around-power-hitting-lefty, here is our amazing market level contract for you" and then telling every mid-level employee and contract lawyer near them how aggressive they are and smart they are and then their jaw drops when mr. all-around-power-hitting-lefty leaves with another team.

But since we are an older, wiser, mature group of posters now we know that you can't force your life partner (in this case, our white sox) to be someone they are not. They won't be a forward-looking, disciplined, well rounded organization no matter how hard we pine.

But they are a damn good team. And if they want to win a world series with just first baseman and relief pitchers, then I am going to love and support them.

And god damn it, White Sox. Be who you are, and go and sign Nick Castellanos. This team is so good, and you are right, you only need Right Handed fat players if you also have Luis Robert.

So go be the white soxiest team that can white sox.

Thank you for reading my vafan post.

(the actual white sox move is Gavin Sheets in RF, we know this is happening, this is the bargaining phase)

Harold said he was their guy but something tells me they’ve been priced out at this point.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

It's a mission statement.

Jerry Maguire you are not, lol.

I think we are still closer to the denial than acceptance phase at this point.

And we've yet to be divided even further by another year of TLR's baffling managing.  For now, the front office has successfully united the fan base against it at least.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Jerry Maguire you are not, lol.

I'm way better. He tried to make his agency something it wasn't. I'm positioning the white sox to be their best selves because I love them and accept them.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I'm way better. He tried to make his agency something it wasn't. I'm positioning the white sox to be their best selves because I love them and accept them.

But can you hold the interest and admiration of Renee Zellwegger like him...?  I guess that character was written as a mix of 2/3rds Leigh Steinberg and 1/3rd Scott Boras but more handsome/charismatic.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But can you hold the interest and admiration of Renee Zellwegger like him...?  I guess that character was written as a mix of 2/3rds Leigh Steinberg and 1/3rd Scott Boras but more handsome/charismatic.

He was a complete piece of shit to Renee and i'm not convinced it wasn't workplace harassment to begin with. You need to rethink your heros.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, bmags said:

He was a complete piece of shit to Renee and i'm not convinced it wasn't workplace harassment to begin with. You need to rethink your heros.

I remember him being a pretty dopey romantic. Is that sexism now?

The preseason is not complete without a cost-contained, time-honored Ellis Burks Catch Lightning In A Bottle Project that substitutes for the lack of financial commitment to signing bonafided  Tier 1 FA's.

However this year, the RF CLIAB Project is already on the team waiting to emerge.

45 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

That sounds like a disaster. Stop yanking the kid around. Give him a job, 1 job, or..... yeah, trade him and sign Castellanos 

I agree. We don't know if he can play RF or IB adequately.  We also don't know how he would hit as a DH. Some players don't hit well as a DH i.e. Grandal for example. He is 24 and needs to be given a position not bring  a utility player. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Next thing you know, bmags will make a thread called "We should just get Conforto" and he'll be signed by the end of the day by another team. 

probably an NL team too, just based on how the off-season has gone thus far