Gas. High Gas (prices).

Middle Buffalo

What are you paying?

$4.69 here in Mesa. I can get 5 cents off using Fuel Rewards at Shell and another 5 cents with T-mobile Tuesday. Sometimes I can find gas around 10 cents cheaper somewhere else though.
I drive a 2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid and get 35mi/gallon, but it still hurts to fill up once a week.

Thinking of going electric. Worked ok for Dylan.

I paid $3.39 a few weeks ago because I get $0.60 off at Mariano’s after spending so much money on groceries and using fuel points. I work from home so I don’t need to fill up much. I’ll probably get $0.60 off again when I fill up again and pay $3.95 instead.

What I want to know is why Canada and Mexico can’t pump more oil, unless they are already pumping at capacity. There has to be a way to get more oil from somewhere other than Saudi Arabia, Iran or Venezuela.

Edited by The Beast

2 hours ago, Leonard Zelig said:

My wife bought an electric car last year and our electric bill went up about $40/month.  She works in a school and doesn’t do much driving during the summer. 

My wife gets free charging at work so that decreases our cost even more.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

My wife gets free charging at work so that decreases our cost even more.

There’s free charging stations around if you’re willing to do some research.  Isn’t always super convenient, but we had to wait several weeks to get the charger for our home and we made it work. 

19 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

There’s free charging stations around if you’re willing to do some research.  Isn’t always super convenient, but we had to wait several weeks to get the charger for our home and we made it work. 

We just added a 240 line to the garage. It charges at 8Kw per hour and didn't raise our electric bill that much.

29 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

My wife drives about 80 miles round trip to work, electricity went up some but no gas, oil changes, etc.

Exactly. There was a study out of Stanford that looked at the costs of each and the EV won by a moderate margin. Their conclusion was that EV will be significantly better once the battery disposal issues are resolved with improved methods.

5 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Poor choices made by these knuckleheads in office, not just Vlads fault

This is much more about supply lost to bankruptcy during covid then any political figure. Granted you could clearly argue that the 2 month head start we had on Covid vs China should have been used to prepare the economy instead of trying to prop up the stock market with literal Chinese propaganda,  but we are still missing a ton on covid bankruptcy supply that needs financing that no one had been willing to give again. 

Hey gas stations, that $75 limit is costing you business when I have a 36 gallon tank and I'm paying $4 a gallon. You only want $75 of my business, that's all you're getting and I'm not stopping back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Over 4 bucks here. Sad, unacceptable, ridiculous, disgusting. I heard Biden on TV saying we should expect food shortages. What the hell is going on? Fire everybody. I don't care who takes over but get rid of these high prices and shortages!

On 3/27/2022 at 11:56 AM, Texsox said:

Hey gas stations, that $75 limit is costing you business when I have a 36 gallon tank and I'm paying $4 a gallon. You only want $75 of my business, that's all you're getting and I'm not stopping back. 

You can thank fraud for those stops.  Gas stations trying to protect themselves

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Over 4 bucks here. Sad, unacceptable, ridiculous, disgusting. I heard Biden on TV saying we should expect food shortages. What the hell is going on? Fire everybody. I don't care who takes over but get rid of these high prices and shortages!

It’s going to take time. Gas was at $4.54 up here in DuPage County a few weeks ago and is down to $4.09. Maybe releasing from the strategic petroleum reserve will help.

Prices are another story. Eggs were $2 at the store today and a week’s worth of groceries was like $200, probably somewhere over $25-$50 over what it is usually is.

It doesn’t really matter who controls congress, they can’t do shit about the prices anyway.

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

It’s going to take time. Gas was at $4.54 up here in DuPage County a few weeks ago and is down to $4.09. Maybe releasing from the strategic petroleum reserve will help.

Prices are another story. Eggs were $2 at the store today and a week’s worth of groceries was like $200, probably somewhere over $25-$50 over what it is usually is.

It doesn’t really matter who controls congress, they can’t do shit about the prices anyway.

I pray the shortages don't empty the shelves. I'm not that resourceful in terms of standing in long lines for food and/or surviving after being spoiled so many years.

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

How should they get rid of these high prices and shortages?

• Like 1