Gas. High Gas (prices).

Middle Buffalo

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

I pray the shortages don't empty the shelves. I'm not that resourceful in terms of standing in long lines for food and/or surviving after being spoiled so many years.

How many stores are near you and what are the stores near you? I don’t see empty shelves where I live yet so I am not worried. Even if there’s less bread or not enough fertilizer to raise larger livestock, I’m not sure I see significant shortages. Where did you see Biden’s statement and was it the news or was it commentary?

12 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

You can thank fraud for those stops.  Gas stations trying to protect themselves

Good point.  I don't mind them setting a limit.  But they can set the dollar amount at any level. Most stations by me now have $125 as their stop. I can fill up there. There are a lot of customers here with 26 to 40 gallon tanks. At $4 a gallon and a $75 stop they sometimes can't fill up. Basically for me it's the equivalent of setting the stop at $25 for most car owners, about a half tank. 

On 3/31/2022 at 8:20 AM, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/applebees-franchise-exec-fired-employees-213357731.html

Greg's Lawrence KS Applebee's in trouble....threatening to lower wages in face of higher gas prices

You got to use a different store brand name in these type posts bout Greg. I have a thing against Applebee's. I never go there and don't like 'em. Also don't like Cracker Barrell and Waffle House. Friends got sick in them. Not a big Olive Garden fan either and wouldn't be caught in a Red Lobster. Don't like those kind of chains tho I will go in an Old Chicago.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

How many stores are near you and what are the stores near you? I don’t see empty shelves where I live yet so I am not worried. Even if there’s less bread or not enough fertilizer to raise larger livestock, I’m not sure I see significant shortages. Where did you see Biden’s statement and was it the news or was it commentary?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biden-says-expect-real-food-175308088.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-24/biden-says-to-expect-real-food-shortages-due-to-ukraine-war

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-warns-americans-food-shortage-gonna-be-real-following-sanctions-russia

11 hours ago, Heads22 said:

How should they get rid of these high prices and shortages?

I believe the pipeline Biden closed on his first week of office should be flowing again. I don't understand why the USA has to be concerned about climate change every minute of every day when other BIG countries don't give a flip. Lets produce some oil so we don't have to pay 70 dollars for a fill-up. So sad/disgusting for me to fork over so much cash for fuel in my Camry (cut the outrage that I drive a foreign car even tho it's made in Kentucky).

I have a problem with electric cars. a.) allegedly they are EXPENSIVE to purchase. b.) Driving 250 miles to 500 miles is exhausting enuf for those of us who don't like to drive. You can't tell me there will EVER be enuf recharging stations in our lifetimes to avoid 1-2 hour waits to recharge. What about the folks who commute into cities and have 40 minute drives each way. The first time you need a recharge will be too many when u are trying to get to or from work.

Call me a climate change hater if u must but I don't see the USA making much of a difference when other countries don't give a flip bout climate change (Putin? Cmon; China? One big LOL). Why us? Why now? What we do is nullified by their actions. I think it's important to keep prices down. Peace out. GO SOX. And please have mercy on my wallet.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Good point.  I don't mind them setting a limit.  But they can set the dollar amount at any level. Most stations by me now have $125 as their stop. I can fill up there. There are a lot of customers here with 26 to 40 gallon tanks. At $4 a gallon and a $75 stop they sometimes can't fill up. Basically for me it's the equivalent of setting the stop at $25 for most car owners, about a half tank. 

I get it, but so do people committing fraud.  Fraud rules have changed and gas stations are now liable for fraud at the pump whereas they were not before outside of limited situations, so they didn't care.  

Wouldn't a $125 hold protect the business better than a $75 hold? 

Actually I prefer the Canadian system, you can preselect the hold amount at the pump. IIRC it was in increments of $25. 

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I believe the pipeline Biden closed on his first week of office should be flowing again. I don't understand why the USA has to be concerned about climate change every minute of every day when other BIG countries don't give a flip. Lets produce some oil so we don't have to pay 70 dollars for a fill-up. So sad/disgusting for me to fork over so much cash for fuel in my Camry (cut the outrage that I drive a foreign car even tho it's made in Kentucky).

I have a problem with electric cars. a.) allegedly they are EXPENSIVE to purchase. b.) Driving 250 miles to 500 miles is exhausting enuf for those of us who don't like to drive. You can't tell me there will EVER be enuf recharging stations in our lifetimes to avoid 1-2 hour waits to recharge. What about the folks who commute into cities and have 40 minute drives each way. The first time you need a recharge will be too many when u are trying to get to or from work.

Call me a climate change hater if u must but I don't see the USA making much of a difference when other countries don't give a flip bout climate change (Putin? Cmon; China? One big LOL). Why us? Why now? What we do is nullified by their actions. I think it's important to keep prices down. Peace out. GO SOX. And please have mercy on my wallet.

I have read that the Keystone Pipeline would have taken years to produce oil production from and the common response I am seeing is that having the pipeline would influence future oil prices because it would impact the current price based off of future projections. I have also read that the pipeline’s production is less than 1% of production of the oil price.

I am for in the short term, investing in off shore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. I am also okay with approaching some bad actors in the near term for fuel or using fracking too. But I am for adapting to the future now, meaning getting a hybrid or electric vehicle or trying solar panels. I think charging stations are definitely feasible if there were enough of them. And for the sake of the future of our kids and grandkids, it makes sense to wean ourselves off of fossil fuels.

We, the private sector and our government should be doing what we can to transition away from fossil fuels, that will help us achieve energy independence. China has its own problems, let their pollution be their issue until we can do something to sanction them to make them consider changing their behavior. Other countries need to do the same thing. We need USICA and Joe Manchin’s reconciliation plan to pass.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Yeah that was a few weeks ago. I’m not concerned until I see actual food shortages. 

On 4/10/2022 at 10:17 AM, The Beast said:

I have read that the Keystone Pipeline would have taken years to produce oil production from and the common response I am seeing is that having the pipeline would influence future oil prices because it would impact the current price based off of future projections. I have also read that the pipeline’s production is less than 1% of production of the oil price.

I am for in the short term, investing in off shore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. I am also okay with approaching some bad actors in the near term for fuel or using fracking too. But I am for adapting to the future now, meaning getting a hybrid or electric vehicle or trying solar panels. I think charging stations are definitely feasible if there were enough of them. And for the sake of the future of our kids and grandkids, it makes sense to wean ourselves off of fossil fuels.

We, the private sector and our government should be doing what we can to transition away from fossil fuels, that will help us achieve energy independence. China has its own problems, let their pollution be their issue until we can do something to sanction them to make them consider changing their behavior. Other countries need to do the same thing. We need USICA and Joe Manchin’s reconciliation plan to pass.

Yeah that was a few weeks ago. I’m not concerned until I see actual food shortages. 

If you sanction India, you just push them towards Russia and China…they’re the second biggest culprit with coal powered electric plants and the fastest growing world population. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

If you sanction India, you just push them towards Russia and China…they’re the second biggest culprit with coal powered electric plants and the fastest growing world population. 

How do we deal with India and China and their pollution?

On 4/8/2022 at 10:40 PM, greg775 said:

I pray the shortages don't empty the shelves. I'm not that resourceful in terms of standing in long lines for food and/or surviving after being spoiled so many years.

On 4/9/2022 at 9:47 AM, greg775 said:

I have to imagine that this the image that Greg got in his head as soon as he read these articles. :lol:

EWLAwXoX0AE7OsM.jpg

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just found out recently that I can use my Marianos rewards number at any BP or Amoco gas station and get a dollar off per gallon of gas. I have used it twice so far and saved big. I am sure that I have probably racked up a good amount of points since I have been using my Marianos rewards card for all my grocery shopping for the past couple years but those will probably run dry after a few times using them towards my gas I'd imagine. 

Anyways, just an FYI for the Mariano shoppers if u didnt know already. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shipps said:

I just found out recently that I can use my Marianos rewards number at any BP or Amoco gas station and get a dollar off per gallon of gas. I have used it twice so far and saved big. I am sure that I have probably racked up a good amount of points since I have been using my Marianos rewards card for all my grocery shopping for the past couple years but those will probably run dry after a few times using them towards my gas I'd imagine. 

Anyways, just an FYI for the Mariano shoppers if u didnt know already. 

Yes! I use it when I go shopping at Mariano’s and need to fill up every few weeks. If you shop and fill up monthly, you seem to be able to decide how much to use, so maybe you use less and spread that over a longer period of time. 

Getting $0.60-$0.90 off a gallon is great! I hope you’re using coupons when you shop there, they even have triple the loyalty points if you shop with a delivery or pickup order or buy certain products.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

There should be more of a national outrage about gas prices IMO. Maybe people have more disposable income than I thought. I'm upset during trips to the pump.

We really need to start buying Russian oil. 

32 minutes ago, Texsox said:

We really need to start buying Russian oil. 

Would you like to see the Russian Government admit that they kidnapped 190,000 Ukrainian Children from territories they occupied on their official twitter account?

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Would you like to see the Russian Government admit that they kidnapped 190,000 Ukrainian Children from territories they occupied on their official twitter account?

I'd like to see the current Russian government wiped off the planet. That was sarcasm earlier. 

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'd like to see the current Russian government wiped off the planet. That was sarcasm earlier. 

I did not catch the sarcasm, apologies. Unfortunately the 190,000 children abducted from invaded areas is neither sarcasm nor hyperbole. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I did not catch the sarcasm, apologies. Unfortunately the 190,000 children abducted from invaded areas is neither sarcasm nor hyperbole. 

War is hell and NATO cheering from the stands is a disgrace. I'll live with higher gas prices, it's a tiny sacrifice.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:17 PM, greg775 said:

There should be more of a national outrage about gas prices IMO. Maybe people have more disposable income than I thought. I'm upset during trips to the pump.

National outrage is coming in November. Even if people were pissed to the point where they protested or got violent, there isn’t much that can be done about the gas prices. One man cannot fix it.