3/21 | Dodgers vs White Sox | 3:05 CT | NBCS Chicago

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Makes ya wonder.  Leury is going to play so much RF is we don't make a move for a real OF. 

This wouldn't surprise me.  While it doesn't make up for getting a real RF, I'll take Leury out there over Sheets any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Leury's little adventure in Houston made me throw up in my mouth thinking about him out there.

The last game of the regular season, Leury screwed up in RF also. I find it almost unbelievable how the Sox have not addressed their needs. They are acting like the playoffs are already made, and they are sitting pretty. History shows us otherwise. Put the best team on the field you can, just once. 

10 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Leury's little adventure in Houston made me throw up in my mouth thinking about him out there.

Oh he's not great out there.  I'd really prefer he doesn't play OF at all.  But I'll still take the adventures of Leury in RF over the second coming of Daniel Palka pretty much every time.

18 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Oh he's not great out there.  I'd really prefer he doesn't play OF at all.  But I'll still take the adventures of Leury in RF over the second coming of Daniel Palka pretty much every time.

I liked fat Palka a bit...he could hit with some pop.  I did not like skinny Palka...he could not.  It's a lot like Santa....skinny doesn't work.  And I do know....neither version of Palka could play the OF worth a damn.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I liked fat Palka a bit...he could hit with some pop.  I did not like skinny Palka...he could not.  It's a lot like Santa....skinny doesn't work.  And I do know....neither version of Palka could play the OF worth a damn.

This reads like poetry.  Well said. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Palka was a lot of fun on those rebuilding squads.  But I sure as hell don't want him in RF for a club with real aspirations.  Same goes for Sheets.

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Palka was a lot of fun on those rebuilding squads.  But I sure as hell don't want him in RF for a club with real aspirations.  Same goes for Sheets.

Yes, the days of Nicky Delmonico, etc in the OF need to be over for awhile.  And as with Palka, I liked Delmonico on those rebuilding clubs and I'm happy to see he was brought back to the organization to coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Give the Dodgers a good look at Adolfo.

Dodgers share the same facility for ST so no doubt their scouts are familiar with every player the Sox have.

I think the Dodgers are a team that would be looking at the cream of the prospect crop rather than the sediment.....and other than prospects, they might be interested in Kimbrel. I have not seen any rumors about potential trades with the Dodgers so perhaps there isn't a chance for a trade between them.

50 minutes ago, tray said:

Dodgers share the same facility for ST so no doubt their scouts are familiar with every player the Sox have.

I think the Dodgers are a team that would be looking at the cream of the prospect crop rather than the sediment.....and other than prospects, they might be interested in Kimbrel. I have not seen any rumors about potential trades with the Dodgers so perhaps there isn't a chance for a trade between them.

Dodgers probably have 7 top 100 prospects if you take into account how many publications make those list.  I have no idea how many the Sox might have 0 ? 1?