What top team will fall flat on their face (2022)

Look at Ray Ray Run

13 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

For me, it's the Mets.

Degrom I think needed surgery and is not going to be 100% again. I think Scherzer gets old more quickly than most think; he started showing signs last year in the first half and then broke down late in the season.

Marte is old and speed has a way of aging rapidly and unexpectedly. 

I hope Bassitt is good but there's always something weird about SP's getting out of Oakland. Also, linedrives off the face can impact a pitcher forever.

I'll say the Mets succumb to injuries and the Cohen tax was wasted dollars on a team fighting for the final playoff spot at best.

Yeah.  This is the obvious one for me.  I actually think the Padres are going to be really good next year.  I could also see the Giants regressing and missing the playoffs.  Although right now I still have the Giants in the playoffs.  My gut instinct for the NL is the Padres, Giants, and Phillies making the playoffs in the Wild Card.  I also see the Red Sox regressing in the same way the White Sox did from 2012 to 2013.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Red Sox under .500.

Giants under .500.

Mariners under .500.

The Giants lose a lot and I wonder at their prospects of breaking 90 wins, but that FO and Org is too solid to drop much below that. They're not exactly hurting for money either.

Edited by FoxForce2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Yeah.  This is the obvious one for me.  I actually think the Padres are going to be really good next year.  I could also see the Giants regressing and missing the playoffs.  Although right now I still have the Giants in the playoffs.  My gut instinct for the NL is the Padres, Giants, and Phillies making the playoffs in the Wild Card.  I also see the Red Sox regressing in the same way the White Sox did from 2012 to 2013.

For the Pads - this is Machado's make or break year. If he comes through with the numbers AND leadership they could pose a real challenge to the Dawjahs. Otherwise, could contend for the last wildcard.

https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-titles-parades-carlos-correa-marc-andre-fleury-zadarius-smith-lavelle-neal/600158471/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=twins

Neal: Confetti ready? Team upgrades could make Minnesota a place for parades

I’ll take headlines not written in the Chicago papers over the acquisitions of Harrison and middle relievers for $500, Alex.

Edited by caulfield12

For me its the Astros. They lost their best player and heart of their cheating asses. 

For as much grief as Sox fans have had this off-season, their big signing was Niko Goodrum.

Verlander may have some ups and downs post TJ,  McCullers is still having issues and may result in a shut down at some point and losing Correa is going to have a massive effect on their defense. The only saving grace they have is a weak division, but i just dont see them being a true contender threat anymore, just a really good team that could really stumble out the gate 

18 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

They'll find out quickly enough Berrios is not QUITE as good as his reputation that precedes him.  A very solid pitcher, but closer to a 2/3 than a 1/TOR.

and I love Chapman when healthy, but dude ain't replacing the offensive production from Semien. 

• 2 weeks later...