How to Contact the White Sox Execs/Sponsors and Demand TLR’s Termination

caulfield12

19 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, I guess I get the angle of wanting Vaughn and sheets to play.  I want Vaughn to play alot, and I think he will.  But we're 1 injury away from either Leury being the everyday RF or Jake Burger being the everyday DH.    Gavin Sheets still has 2 option years.  He doesn't have to be in the everyday lineup.  Even if they were to sign Conforto, he'll get 350+ PA this season. 

People making this stand that Conforto is a bad player is just straight up comical.  

I don't see people making the argument that Conforto is a bad player.  Rather I see the opinion that he is not a $100M player and his best years might already be behind him.  I would be somewhat comfortable with the 4 years $75M contract that the WS reportedly offered.  However, I do believe Vaughn/Sheets/Engle will produce a better offensive production than Conforto.  For sure I want to avoid a Hayward situation where he can't play up to his contract.

52 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I don't see people making the argument that Conforto is a bad player.  Rather I see the opinion that he is not a $100M player and his best years might already be behind him.  I would be somewhat comfortable with the 4 years $75M contract that the WS reportedly offered.  However, I do believe Vaughn/Sheets/Engle will produce a better offensive production than Conforto.  For sure I want to avoid a Hayward situation where he can't play up to his contract.

Then you’re only going to buy players at max value by that argument, like Correa, Semien and Seager.

Even those star players come with multiple question marks.

On one hand, we almost gave Alex Gordon similar money…which would have been a disaster.  On the other hand, if we can never quite manage to pull the trigger due to fear of risk or making a mistake, we can never be a truly great team, either.  Not without nearly every single thing breaking our way, like 2005.

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Then you’re only going to buy players at max value by that argument, like Correa, Semien and Seager.

Even those star players come with multiple question marks.

On one hand, we almost gave Alex Gordon similar money…which would have been a disaster.  On the other hand, if we can never quite manage to pull the trigger due to fear of risk or making a mistake, we can never be a truly great team, either.  Not without nearly every single thing breaking our way, like 2005.

"Nearly every single thing breaking your way, like 2005" is necessary for whoever wins the WS...that's why the best team on paper frequently doesn't win the WS.

1 hour ago, zisk said:

If Hahn got launched it wouldn't change a thing. The 2 who have to go sit in the owners box.

Who was responsible for signing Marcus Semien for just $130,000?  Jose Abreu?  Luis Robert?  Fernando Tatis, Jr. for under a million?  Trading for the guy who would have won the 2008 MVP if he had successfully controlled his temper?  Jose Contreras for someone he took off the scrap heap to almost win the 2003 Cy Young?   Bobby Jenks?   Jermaine Dye?  Montas?  Chris Bassitt?  Matt Thornton?  Floyd and Danks?  Damaso Marte?  Chris Sale?  Jose Quintana?

KW has always had the better eye for talent.  It’s not even close.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2903817-power-ranking-every-mlb-teams-front-office

I’m going to vociferously disagree with #26/29/30, but these rankings are from two years ago before there was more of a track record to go on.  Still, interesting to discuss.

Edited by caulfield12

On the other hand, if we can never quite manage to pull the trigger due to fear of risk or making a mistake, we can never be a truly great team,

This is ridiculous logic. Again, according to MLB.com (call it click bait if you want, but they’re clearly knowledgeable and missing your anti-Sox-management bias and just plain weird takes) the Sox sit behind the Dodgers with a # 2 power ranking. Absolutely capable of winning the World Series with their present talent. 

Again, this entire thread is an embarrassment to this board.

Dodgers, Yankees, Padres, Braves,  Mets, Astros, Twins, White Sox, Blue Jays, Rays

That was 2021 preseason.

Tier 5: They didn’t do much, but at least they’re good.

18. White Sox

Key gains: Kendall Graveman
Key losses: Carlos Rodón, César Hernández, Ryan Tepera

The White Sox are still heavy AL Central favorites and can bank on full seasons from Luis Robert and Eloy Jimenez for internal improvements, but they could have pursued more aggressive upgrades at second base (where Josh Harrison probably isn’t the answer) and right field. The starting spot vacated by Rodón (who, like with Gray and the Rockies, inexplicably didn’t even garner a qualifying offer) is also an area of concern if Michael Kopech struggles in his transition from the bullpen to the rotation.
Remember: The new playoff structure means the White Sox can’t just worry about beating the rest of their division, because the worst division winner in each league gets a best-of-three against a wild-card team instead of a bye to the division series. So the White Sox could come to regret their relative inactivity.

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2022/3/24/22993741/mlb-teams-ranking-offseason-moves-twins-yankees-dodgers-mets

Here’s the other team following the White Sox path this offseason…down to signing Ryan Tepera

13. Angels

Key gains: Noah Syndergaard, Aaron Loup, Ryan Tepera, Archie Bradley, Michael Lorenzen, retained Iglesias
Key losses: Alex Cobb

The good news is the back three in the Angels’ bullpen—Loup and his 0.95 ERA, Tepera, and incumbent closer Raisel Iglesias—were all excellent last season. The bad news is the rotation is still lacking. A flurry of starters changed teams this winter, yet the Angels—a team in desperate need of reliable innings—landed Syndergaard, fresh off Tommy John surgery, and Michael Lorenzen, who’s started five total games in the past six years and wasn’t even good in the bullpen last season.

Syndergaard offers considerable upside, of course, and the lineup could benefit from better health from Mike Trout and a rebound from Anthony Rendon, as well as breakouts from young outfielders Brandon Marsh and Jo Adell. But the Angels still look—and project—like a .500ish team, as they have for so many years. Their improvements push them forward only an inch at a time.

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Checks most site's power rankings - White Sox Top 5

Checks Soxtalk - Shamelessly harass these people to fire Rick Hahn.

This site has become unreadable.

We were top 5 before the offseason and haven't moved up (maybe down).. We are allowed to love our roster but also hate that we refuse to improve it properly. 

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

C’mon.  Nobody would even bother, at most there would be 5 or 6 posters, tops.

And this whole argument about power rankings is kind of pointless.  It’s like arguing over attendance championships with Cubs’ fans.  If these rankings were so compelling to non-insiders, we’d have a season ticket waiting list a mile long, instead of a struggle to sell out Opening Day.

You can always write a positive, rose-colored glasses, rainbows, pots of gold and unicorns post like VaFan now does on a weekly basis if it makes you feel any better.

That post might have jinxed us, even. Two spring training losses.  Rodon at 98 again.  Giolito arbitration and rumored extension debacles.  Kimbrel self-immolation.  Rodon coming close but not quite criticizing management.  Not the greatest of weeks so far.  And TLR hasn’t even done anything to put the Sox and JR in the national news this year (yet).

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am contacting the White Sox and demanding that Rick Hahn be promoted to manager.

That would be more entertaining.  Let Haber give it a whirl.  (Granted, he’s likely cut from the same cloth.)

Edited by caulfield12

On 3/24/2022 at 3:07 PM, ThirdGen said:

Two playoff game wins over the last two seasons for the Padres.  The exact same number as the White Sox.  And the Padres followed up that mighty 2-1 series win against the Cards with a 79 win season.  If the Sox drop to 79 wins, or even 89 wins for that matter, I'll be right there with you on the fire Hahn bandwagon.  And remember the time Preller won the offseason by signing Machado- huge 70 wins that year.  And remember when everyone said the Padres won the offseason before 2015-74 wins that year.

This would be the first post at Padretalk.com just to set the proper tone.

15 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am contacting the White Sox and demanding that Rick Hahn be promoted to manager.

I want to see JR cuddling with TLR in the dugout between innings. 

On 3/24/2022 at 3:44 PM, DoUEvenShift said:

Lol, the division series. That’s great. I know it’s a Not Bob Nightengale tweet but after what I saw against Houston last year and not having good starting pitching during that series, how can I not be somewhat skeptical of this team? Like I said, if they can’t get quality starting pitching, it won’t matter what their offense and high priced bullpen does.

19 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Power rankings do not equal results. If they can’t get beyond the first round again they have to know something is missing.

21 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The White Sox are still heavy AL Central favorites and can bank on full seasons from Luis Robert and Eloy Jimenez for internal improvements,

Since when can the Sox bank on full seasons for Robert and Eloy?