OF Help at last!! White Sox acquire Haseley from Phils

KrankinSox

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd rather keep Kimbrel than dump him for nothing at this point.  Seems pretty obvious - albeit incredibly frustrating - Sox have no further plans to spend $.  So why are we trading Kimbrel exactly? 

To spend $.  I would guess either on Conforto or another Starting Pitcher.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It has to be a low level minor league return if the return wasn't a headline in the story.  My guess, no Kimbrel, no Burger. Phillies might just need the roster slot.

Seems kind of weird with Odubel starting the year on the IL. Thought this guy would definitely break camp as the CF for them.

Madrigal has more power than haseley. I hope he ends up being one of these transformative players and my worst takes but anyway haseley sucks, I was glad we didn't get him in 17 or whatever, and Brian Goodwin is better thanks for my ted talk.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Strange move for Phillies, as they have no outfield depth.  

one of the reasons they have no OF depth is because Haseley was part of their depth and he sucks.

Anyway look forward to Phillies signing conforto in an hour.

23 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Terrible.  We had 4+ years to give AAAA players like this their chance.  We did our time and deserve better. 

This was my exact thought as well. 

Also, one of my friends just sent me a screenshot of an article about Haseley saying that at times, it looks like he forgets how to play baseball. 

Hopefully this is one of those change of scenery deals where he turns his career around.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

• bmags unpinned this topic