OF Help at last!! White Sox acquire Haseley from Phils

KrankinSox

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I listed his 2021 injuries from before which included both Hamstring and groin injuries, which would explain exactly that.

Well, we had a huge bump from Hamilton, Yermin and Goodwin out of the blue last year, maybe this year Haseley or Cuiffo…why not?

image.jpeg

My thoughts on any underwhelming move made that doesn’t enhance the team like other contenders would make.  We trade for a former first round pick whereas the Astros have Brantley or the Phillies have Schwarber.

Edited by The Beast
  • Fire 1

One note I didn't see mentioned about Moore, so the rosterniks should love this moving of getting something for a guy before they would lose them.

Some scouts have noted that Moore is more “thrower than pitcher” at this point but internal evaluators always saw the righty as a future big league reliever. The Phillies liked what they saw enough to pull the trigger on a deal involving him on Tuesday. He likely pitches in Double-A for the Phillies in 2022 and he’s Rule Five eligible this winter.

What did that Weems kid do after seemingly coming out of nowhere to be a back-end Top Ten prospect before he was traded…?  Haven’t paid much attention.  ONE of the initial tweets about the deal made this Moore guy out to a stud, that’s undoubtedly what Greensox was responding to.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

image.jpeg

My thoughts on any underwhelming move made that doesn’t enhance the team like other contenders would make.  We trade for a former first round pick whereas the Astros have Brantley or the Phillies have Schwarber.

This is a depth move and nothing more.  With Rutherford being useless and Adolfo nearing his end with the organization, the Sox desperately needed an OF with options they could stash in AAA.  I’ve been pining for Conforto more than anyone, but this has very little to do with us not filling a legit major league need.

Do people actually prefer not having an extra OF at AAA or are they upset about losing a 23.7 year old relief prospect that’s ranked near the bottom of the worst system’s top 30?

Maybe I'm missing something, but did I miss the part of the thread where someone complains that this will take AB's away from Gavin Sheets?

Low-cost move that solidifies the OF. Doesn't make us worse, but definitely doesn't change the fact that RF still a huge need.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but did I miss the part of the thread where someone complains that this will take AB's away from Gavin Sheets?

Low-cost move that solidifies the OF. Doesn't make us worse, but definitely doesn't change the fact that RF still a huge need.

Exactly.  Good move independent of the failure to address RF / left-handed hitting.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Sell pitchers and buy OF prospects. Seems like an easy decision. 

Or just spend MONEY on a quality RFer so we don't have to suffer through another decade of waiting for ONE outfield prospect out of 6-8 (other than Robert, who was a massive exception) to become a regular.

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Or just spend MONEY on a quality RFer so we don't have to suffer through another decade of waiting for ONE outfield prospect out of 6-8 (other than Robert, who was a massive exception) to become a regular.

We all know they have a budget and aren't going to just throw money around.

Scream about it all you want but they have a top 7 payroll and are only going to go so far.

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Actually I think we would agree that both are important and necessary.

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This move is completely independent of the RF need.

...or at least it should be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is a depth move and nothing more.  With Rutherford being useless and Adolfo nearing his end with the organization, the Sox desperately needed an OF with options they could stash in AAA.  I’ve been pining for Conforto more than anyone, but this has very little to do with us not filling a legit major league need.

Do people actually prefer not having an extra OF at AAA or are they upset about losing a 23.7 year old relief prospect that’s ranked near the bottom of the worst system’s top 30?

I’m aware of the kind of move this is, but that still doesn’t change the fact that they need an actual right fielder. The best ones in my lifetime were Ordonez and Dye. Hence the jerking off motion picture. Having said that, at least they added someone like when they had Brian Goodwin last year.

51 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

According to the team there is no RF need. 

And according to our manager we aren’t fans if we criticize them for not getting an actual RF.

9 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I’m aware of the kind of move this is, but that still doesn’t change the fact that they need an actual right fielder. The best ones in my lifetime were Ordonez and Dye. Hence the jerking off motion picture. Having said that, at least they added someone like when they had Brian Goodwin last year.

And according to our manager we aren’t fans if we criticize them for not getting an actual RF.

Trust me I want a RF too, but unfortunately after La Russa’s comments they don’t think we need one.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic