2022 MLB catch all thread

Balta1701

How many times have we seen a winning team pitch a position player? I remember Chris Davis saved a game for the Orioles once cause it was in the 14th inning, but I don't remember the last time a team up by 13 pitched a position player. 

"Xander Bogaerts. Nathan Eovaldi. J.D. Martinez. Christian Vázquez. Kiké Hernández. Jackie Bradley Jr."

Red Sox might make those players available if still non competitive over the next two months.

We would certainly have an interest in Kike #1, Eovaldi (maybe) and Vasquez if McGuire can't even hit at least .175-.200ish.  Not sure if they can afford to add JD Martinez even for just 2-3 months.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bogaerts-eovaldi-block-sox-become-111800297.html

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the offense doesn't wake up soon, I can see Menechino getting the boot too. The Royals weren't even expected to be good offensively and they fired their hitting coach. 

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

"Xander Bogaerts. Nathan Eovaldi. J.D. Martinez. Christian Vázquez. Kiké Hernández. Jackie Bradley Jr."

Red Sox might make those players available if still non competitive over the next two months.

We would certainly have an interest in Kike #1, Eovaldi (maybe) and Vasquez if McGuire can't even hit at least .175-.200ish.  Not sure if they can afford to add JD Martinez even for just 2-3 months.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bogaerts-eovaldi-block-sox-become-111800297.html

If you buy the rumors that the Sox were interested in Story before the deadline last year, I could see them making a push for Bogaerts before the deadline then, too.

More realistically though, it would be Kike, and he'd come here to put up a ~60 wRC+ for 2 months and then leave.

58 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

If you buy the rumors that the Sox were interested in Story before the deadline last year, I could see them making a push for Bogaerts before the deadline then, too.

More realistically though, it would be Kike, and he'd come here to put up a ~60 wRC+ for 2 months and then leave.

Maybe reuniting 22% of the old Dodgers lineup would spark them, lol.

I'm kind of doubtful they do a full teardown minus Devers, Story and Sale, but stranger things have happened, like the Betts trade.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Maybe reuniting 22% of the old Dodgers lineup would spark them, lol.

I'm kind of doubtful they do a full teardown minus Devers, Story and Sale, but stranger things have happened, like the Betts trade.

There were some whispers that they might not be in the best financial shape during the off-season. But then they still signed Story so?