2022 MLB catch all thread

Balta1701

Cardinals starter Miles Mikolas lost a no hitter with two outs in 9th tonight 129 pitches in this day and age. Awesome they let him go that long. Finally baseball wises up and lets a guy go for a complete game no hitter.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Manny Machado injured his ankle today stepping on 1B. I guess just negotiating with the Sox is enough to lead to leg injuries running to 1B.

That sucks. He used to be unlikable to me up until last year when he aired out Tatis. The guy plays everyday too, which is way too rare now. Hope he’s back soon.

On 6/5/2022 at 9:13 AM, maxjusttyped said:

He, Vlad Jr, & Eloy will all be linked together for me considering they were all the same profile of player and debuted the same year. Unfortunately, it looks like the Sox have by far the worst player of those 3.

Alvarez already at the 20 homer mark and climbing...

Another victim of modern baseball: The no hitter.

Does anybody really care if 2-3 pitchers combine on a no hitter? Because of modern baseball (pitchers never throwing complete games) the Nolan Ryan type of no hitter is an endangered species. Does anybody agree with me that a combined no hitter is one, big yawn?

Only no hitters that matter are by ONE pitcher working the whole game. I stand by that.

A complete game was part of baseball lore, a thing of beauty by Buehrle and many other pitchers. Good luck getting players in the Hall of Fame in the future. W/L record which was so important in a starter getting in the hall (300 wins was a huge Hall of Fame deal)  now is totally meaningless. Waht will be the standard for pitchers? Ks vs innings pitched? I guess closers can still rack up a lot of saves that the Hall would be interested in maybe.

Hitters? I guess the only standard for the Hall consideration will be WAR. Players won't be smashing 3000 hits with players considered over the hill now at 36 or so. Players 'might' still be bashing a lot of homers, though, so I guess 500-600 career homers might still be possible and catch the Hall's eye. However with HR and K the only outcomes of at bats when the ball is lively, the home run stat might not get ya in the Hall either. We actually might have too many with 500 hrs.

Batting average ... meaningless now for Hall consideration. And RBIs? Not important either. Stolen bases? LOL. Rest in peace stat book of Ricky Henderson and Tim Raines in his prime.I guess it'll be WAR combined with longevity. If you have a great WAR over 10 or more years that mite get u in the new hall. So sad.

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1