2022 MLB catch all thread

Balta1701

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

Catching up on the weekend action.

Angel Hernandez -- 😲 he really sucked Sunday. 

I understand the need for a Union for umpires, but this guy is ridiculous, and has been for many years.  There should be a way to get him out of there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldsox said:

I understand the need for a Union for umpires, but this guy is ridiculous, and has been for many years.  There should be a way to get him out of there.

Screw the umpires and screw their union. Starts using robotic umps and crush the union. 

14 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

That umpire was clearly baiting MadBum into doing something. There really needs to be some accountability for umpire behavior. Checking his hands for that long and staring right at his head instead of looking at his hands while doing it is uncalled for.

I'm generally a pro-union guy but this umpires union needs to be put in their place.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

That umpire was clearly baiting MadBum into doing something. There really needs to be some accountability for umpire behavior. Checking his hands for that long and staring right at his head instead of looking at his hands while doing it is uncalled for.

I'm generally a pro-union guy but this umpires union needs to be put in their place.

I didn't pick that up the first time I saw it, but now that you pointed it out I see it. Madison didn't confirm the longer check and stare down but at least one article hints there may have been something earlier that fueled the confrontation.

I think we all agree when umpires are center stage there is a problem. I understand hand checking by feel not appearance but don't stare the guy down especially after he gave up a home run. 

8 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I didn't pick that up the first time I saw it, but now that you pointed it out I see it. Madison didn't confirm the longer check and stare down but at least one article hints there may have been something earlier that fueled the confrontation.

I think we all agree when umpires are center stage there is a problem. I understand hand checking by feel not appearance but don't stare the guy down especially after he gave up a home run. 

They had an issue with that ump from the night before

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

They had an issue with that ump from the night before

Makes it seem deliberate by the ump. Are ump fines and disciplines made public? I can't really remember one but certainly there has to be times it was warranted.

Hunter Greene has given up 5 homers in less than 3 innings. 

I thought the Sox losing 8 in a row the way they did was baseball rock bottom, but my god, the Reds are true rock bottom. 

Edited by chw42