Cubs 2022 thread

Balta1701

22 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I hate to see it go that way for him, but the Sox sold about as high as they could have on him.  I don't know if it is his stature or what, but he can't stay on the field.

The timing may have been right, but the return unfortunately wasn't.  Having said that, Nick Madrigal wouldn't have helped this team this year...at all. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Paul "sully" Sullivan had another whiny column on the Fourth. He was offended by an analysis of Wrigley Field by Red Sox rookie pitcher Josh Winckowski. Winckowksi said: "A little underwhelming. Fenway has a presence to it. I really didn't get that here, to be honest. I said to my mom last night, this place was very stock standard."

By the end of the column, Sullivan threw a personal insult at Winckowksi. For a minute there, I thought the Tribune Company still owned the Cubs.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:27 AM, Highland said:

Paul "sully" Sullivan had another whiny column on the Fourth. He was offended by an analysis of Wrigley Field by Red Sox rookie pitcher Josh Winckowski. Winckowksi said: "A little underwhelming. Fenway has a presence to it. I really didn't get that here, to be honest. I said to my mom last night, this place was very stock standard."

By the end of the column, Sullivan threw a personal insult at Winckowksi. For a minute there, I thought the Tribune Company still owned the Cubs.

I think the construction of Little Rosemont around the stadium really detracted from the whole fan experience for a lot of out of towners in search of a quirky, historical baseball anachronism.  Nobody would’ve described Wrigley as “stock standard” 15 years ago.  Now I can kind of see it.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:54 PM, 35thstreetswarm said:

I think the construction of Little Rosemont around the stadium really detracted from the whole fan experience for a lot of out of towners in search of a quirky, historical baseball anachronism.  Nobody would’ve described Wrigley as “stock standard” 15 years ago.  Now I can kind of see it.

The problem with that area is it is rather inaccessible.  I was going to go to a concert down there this past weekend and simply thought, it is too much work.

I know the El is there and highways are close but the congestion is crazy. 

Also the stadium amenities suck worse than Solider Field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fathom said:

Don’t we have enough slap hitters?

I just can't get over what a wasteland 2nd base has been here going on 20 years. I get why people make Madrigal jokes, but the 112 wRC+ he put up here is quite good for a 2nd baseman. The Cubs have a logjam there and he strikes me as someone who could be expendable.

With that said, yeah, of course they have too many slap hitters. That's why I'm still rocking with Gallo as my avatar.

• 1 month later...