Second String All-Star

LDF

C Tony Richie, Florida State is the all american second string all-star this yr. batting 353 with 15+ hrs and 75+ rbi's.

all it would have taken is money and he would have been in a sox uni.  :angry:

We all know when it comes to money, we're out unless the sox are trying to dump a player. Then they have to give cash. :angry:

He was expected to go to school. Typically many guys expected to go to college that would be first round picks slide quite a bit (Namely Stanford players) and eventually teams will take a shot at them. Typically their are a good number of players that are basically unsigneable.

Looking for Tony Richie stuff I found this:

http://www.sportplanet.com/sbb/vesuvius/cb...chietony01.html

very impressive to give all the stats from 2003 through 2009. I went looking for the White Sox future results so I could make some wise bets, but no luck. What the f*** is the CBL or whatever anyway? All these future stats seems more a little wierd.

He was expected to go to school.  Typically many guys expected to go to college that would be first round picks slide quite a bit (Namely Stanford players) and eventually teams will take a shot at them.  Typically their are a good number of players that are basically  unsigneable.

he was consider a difficult sign, but he wanted late 1 round, high 2 round money. i remember we were following it on the other board. bottom line, i think the difference came to 500, 000 dollars and he would have signed with us. the same amount of money difference that hill didn't get, before he reentered the draft.

Ya, but I also think the Sox spend more money on the draft then almost any other team in the majors. Their scouts are well paid and taken care of.

Sometimes you just can't get a guy. That guy does sound good, but what would that extra 500k of cost the Sox? Plus, maybe they were already giving him real good money and it was to the point that the Sox had kept stepping up. The White Sox aren't what you call cheap when it comes to signing their picks.

Guest hotsoxchick1

what ever happened to that guy we signed (a catcher) from the joliet jackhammers????? i have not heard his name mentioned since we signed him... is he still with us does anyone know? i would look it up but ill admit i cant remember his name and im feeling a bit lazy right now........lol.......

what ever happened to that guy we signed (a catcher) from the joliet jackhammers????? i have not heard his name mentioned since we signed him... is he still with us does anyone know? i would look it up but ill admit i cant remember his name and im feeling a bit lazy right now........lol.......

Oh your talking about the guy we signed after we dealed Humerto Quintero or whatever his name was.

As far as what happened to him, I'm assuming he's just their. I don't think he had much of a future, they were more getting him because they needed to fill the position.

Guest hotsoxchick1

id hire my neighbor who speaks no english before i would ever put kw in the drivers seat again lol ..............now thats filling a position.........

Ya, but I also think the Sox spend more money on the draft then almost any other team in the majors.  Their scouts are well paid and taken care of. 

Sometimes you just can't get a guy.  That guy does sound good, but what would that extra 500k of cost the Sox?  Plus, maybe they were already giving him real good money and it was to the point that the Sox had kept stepping up.  The White Sox aren't what you call cheap when it comes to signing their picks.

the sox were offering him that round money and didn't want to come up and pay him 1 or 2 round money. even tho he was worth a 1 rounder status.