Kimbrel traded for AJ Pollock

Sleepy Harold

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

In RF?  Well, we will just have to wait and see how Pollock does with his six career games there and about a week to adjust.  Sort of like Andrew Vaughn last year.  Of course, playing a new position and having a history of hamstring problems...

Not at all like Andrew Vaughn last year. AV was a first baseman learning the outfield. Pollock is a leftfielder needing to learn rightfield. It's literally the closest position to his natural one...one corner outfield spot to another. Not saying there won't be an adjustment, but it's not even close to being the same adjustment Vaughn had to make.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Not at all like Andrew Vaughn last year. AV was a first baseman learning the outfield. Pollock is a leftfielder needing to learn rightfield. It's literally the closest position to his natural one...one corner outfield spot to another. Not saying there won't be an adjustment, but it's not even close to being the same adjustment Vaughn had to make.

Well, the main point is putting someone where they are most comfortable playing.  We still have a bunch of round pegs and square holes in Eloy, Sheets and Vaughn with Abreu on the roster. At least until they're traded away.  Collins, although not sure he will get a shot anywhere unless they mercifully jettison him into space from Charlotte's roster.

34 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Given the precarious nature of Robert, Jimenez and Pollock's health, I don't think Engel should be moved. He will definitely be needed here. 

Sox couldn't make it to Opening Day without multiple guys getting hurt, but now everyone is acting if all of the core players will be healthy all year. I don't get it.

Engel still has a lot of value for the Sox and it's not like someone would give up a great piece for a guy with ~200 PA's worth of being a good hitter that's coming off labrum surgery. Finally having depth in the OF is nice and it's something the Sox should lean on throughout the year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kleedawg said:

I'd like to see this trade:

Keuchel + 10 Mil. , Burger, Adolfo, Collins, Cespedes, ad Romy Gonzalez for

Manea, Montas, and Murphy.

If that were even remotely enough the deal would have been done weeks ago.  Oakland laughs and hangs up the phone at that offer. 

21 minutes ago, kleedawg said:

I'd like to see this trade:

Keuchel + 10 Mil. , Burger, Adolfo, Collins, Cespedes, ad Romy Gonzalez for

Manea, Montas, and Murphy.

Regardless of the other return, the A's are dumping salary and aren't taking on even $8M of Keuchel's salary.

5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Regardless of the other return, the A's are dumping salary and aren't taking on even $8M of Keuchel's salary.

To the A's,  Keuchel is entirely irrelevant. As of right now, I don't know a team that would be interested.

Edited by FoxForce2

8 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I just watched Moneyball recently, let me negotiate a trade with the A’s. 

Even in his twilight, I wouldn't mind the Sox bringing in Bill James as a consultant. If TLR could get 70+ year old mind right, he might learn something.