ST GT 4/1: OAK @ SOX

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I don't think so either, but maybe in May or June like they did to Danks.

Oh that I could see, but seems like they’d give him a few weeks as a long man.  As horrible as he looks right now (and it’s really bad) it’s still just spring training.  Not sure they eat $18M that quickly.

16 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Cease stayed healthy the entire year, was very good, and he still barely cracked 160 IP. Worrying about Keuchel reaching 160 innings is a waste of time. There is a 0% chance that happens for a variety of reasons.

he literally hit it last year.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

he literally hit it last year.  

He was actually decent for the first 100 innings of that. If 2nd half Keuchel is what he is now, there's no way he gets 160 innings. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Moncada is late on everything. Just no bat speed anymore. 

Dude could totally pull a Bellinger this year. Nobody is afraid of him anymore. 

He had the 3rd highest OBP in the AL and he has no injury that we're aware of. Give it a rest.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Moncada's bat looking this slow is definitely a concern

This isn't a shot at you, but people who are "analyzing" bat speed with their eyes over the TV are not really making a point. What many people view as a slow bat is really just bad timing. I'm sure Moncada hasn't magically lost bat speed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Moncada's bat looking this slow is definitely a concern

His hip is flying open causing the slower bat speed and inability to handle a breaking pitch.  Needs to get a better rhythm to his swing.  Eloy also struggling now, as he’s struck out in quite a few consecutive at bats.