Lance Lynn has slight tendon tear, 4 weeks no throwing off mound

Heads22

8 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

This has been a long lingering knee discomfort that Lynn has dealt with and will have to deal with the rest of his career

Given his age and the fact thats it lingering, I'd imagine he has something like patellar tendinitis. 

Probably has more to do with his weight than his age.

31 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Just as kind of a fyi for people, ACL requirements are different for different people and activities.  A surgeon friend of mine completely tore his in high school. Never repaired. Ski’s double blacks every winter. Small subset of population maintains stability without it. In no way suggesting that is the case or advocating not fixing just information. 

Very true. We do functional tests to determine if they can get by without it.

There have been cases in the NFL where during physicals they found a player doesn't have one.

37 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I had to laugh about two experts disagreeing on the diagnosis and they actually agreed on the 3 month part. 2-3, 3-4

I believe we were talking about the same issue just a difference in the length of rehab. One towards the longer end and the other on the shorter end.

Of course it is all pure speculation because there is no information and no one could be even close.

Edited by ptatc
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There was absolutely no reason the sox should have given up anything of actual value for cesar Hernandez.

"In the spring, the boxscore can be deceiving. If you look at it from Wednesday night, it shows rookie Konnor Pilkington allowing four runs in three innings. You needed to be in Goodyear to have a better idea how the 24-year-old lefty pitched against the Dodgers. It was encouraging.

Making his first spring start in a big-league camp, Pilkington had a strong three innings against the Dodgers on Wednesday night. The lefty allowed only one hit – a homer by A.J. Pollock. Pilkington then gave up three consecutive hits to open the fourth inning and left the game.

He probably tired, because pitchers have not been in camp long due to the labor/management problems that cut short training camp.

Pilkington was acquired from the White Sox in the middle of last summer for Cesar Hernandez. Pitching at the Class AA level for the two organizations, he was 7-6 with a 3.04 ERA. After coming to Akron, he had a 3-2 record with a 2.33 ERA in his last eight starts. He struck out 49 in 39 innings.

The burly 6-foot-3, 235-pound Pilkington looks like he should be a power pitcher. But his fastball is in the low 90s. He changes speeds, works the corners and uses off-speed stuff to set up his fastball.

I really like his long-term potential. He has a lot of poise.

Pilkington was a big-time pitcher at Mississippi State and a third-round pick by the White Sox in 2018. I like college pitchers from big programs. Cleveland has had a lot of success with this type of pitcher.

He’ll probably open the year at Class AAA Columbus. As for Hernandez, he’s now with Washington."

Cleveland.com/sports

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There was absolutely no reason the sox should have given up anything of actual value for cesar Hernandez.

Especially to the Indians, the Brewers of the AL...or Rays Midwest.

"Pilkington has been a starter throughout his minor-league career, but the Guardians don't appear to have a rotation spot open for now, so he'll presumably work in relief. He's yet to pitch above Double-A, but his 3.04 ERA and 30.8 percent strikeout rate in 22 appearances at that level last season suggest he should have the stuff to get major-league hitters out."

CBSSports.com

Edited by caulfield12

I'll add my voice to those who hated the Pilkington giveaway, the Rodon giveaway, and the fact that Lynn is a fat fuck.

Here's hoping that:

1. Lynn gets back soon,

2. Kopech surprises us with how many IP he can produce,

3. Katz can "fix" Lopez, and

4. RH can miracle a trade for pieces using MiLBs worst system.

Godspeed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I'll add my voice to those who hated the Pilkington giveaway, the Rodon giveaway, and the fact that Lynn is a fat fuck.

Here's hoping that:

1. Lynn gets back soon,

2. Kopech surprises us with how many IP he can produce,

3. Katz can "fix" Lopez, and

4. RH can miracle a trade for pieces using MiLBs worst system.

Godspeed.

The Pilkington giveaway?  I was one of a handful of people on this board who actually liked Pilkington and even I didn’t have an issue trading him for Hernandez because he was a low floor prospect who would have needed to be protected on the 40 man.  I don’t recall you ever complaining once about “giving away” Pilkington when the trade was first made.

10 minutes ago, black jack said:

Just think, if they just kept Madrigal they'd have Pilkington and what, 20 million in extra cash?  

So, yeah, if they never did the moronic Kimbrel trade, that's $16MM for this season, PLUS ~$8MM in last season salaries, less Heuer's minimum salaries between the 2nd half of last year, plus this year; call it ~$1.2MM between the seasons. On this, the SOX would be up $22MM or so.

Then, tack on the difference between Harrison’s salary THIS year, less Madrigal league minimum salary, so what, $5MM, less ~$1.2MM, so call it $3.8MM.

So, between all of this, the SOX could have had $25-ishMm in savings.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Pilkington giveaway?  I was one of a handful of people on this board who actually liked Pilkington and even I didn’t have an issue trading him for Hernandez because he was a low floor prospect who would have needed to be protected on the 40 man.  I don’t recall you ever complaining once about “giving away” Pilkington when the trade was first made.

Dude, anyone could have seen that Hernandez was a regression risk waiting ro happen. And you never trade in division with FOs that are smarter than your own.

Its one reason why I HATED them not loving heaven and earth to get Escobar instead.

(And yes, we heard that they "didn't like Escobars medicals," but given that he's been healthy as a horse, I'd say that just shows how incompetent the medical staff has been.)

1 minute ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Dude, anyone could have seen that Hernandez was a regression risk waiting ro happen. And you never trade in division with FOs that are smarter than your own.

Its one reason why I HATED them not loving heaven and earth to get Escobar instead.

(And yes, we heard that they "didn't like Escobars medicals," but given that he's been healthy as a horse, I'd say that just shows how incompetent the medical staff has been.)

The supposed quad injury...

11 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

FIRE EVERYONE!

• Haha 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Lance Lynn has slight tendon tear, 4 weeks no throwing off mound