4/4- Sox at Cubs, 3:05, Marquee

flavum

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah that's what I assumed. Not sure why anyone would want him, unless Sox ate most of the 18m, which would still open up some more savings on a net basis. 

HOS-MER

👏👏👏

HOS-MER

👏👏👏

1 minute ago, Quin said:

HOS-MER

👏👏👏

HOS-MER

👏👏👏

Doesn't paddack have only 2 pitches? Might be tough to be a quality starter with a limited arsenal.

I think that's a big contract to swallow for Paddack. If it were both him and Gore maybe, but I thought I read they weren't moving Gore.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I can’t be the only one that thinks VV looks like Javy Vazquez on the mound.  Similar build, mechanics, etc

He does. I remember being excited when the Sox traded for Vazquez only to see him choke considerably. I liked him in Montreal. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Doesn't paddack have only 2 pitches? Might be tough to be a quality starter with a limited arsenal.

I think that's a big contract to swallow for Paddack. If it were both him and Gore maybe, but I thought I read they weren't moving Gore.

Lol, according to baseball trade values (which, again, grain of salt), Hosmer + Paddack + Gore still doesn't equal Keuchel's current value.

Just now, Quin said:

Lol, according to baseball trade values (which, again, grain of salt), Hosmer + Paddack + Gore still doesn't equal Keuchel's current value.

Yeah, I said it before but Paddack just hasn't been able to develop an off-speed pitch that isn't his change up. I was a huge fan, but he's better suited for the bullpen at this point; unless he finds a third pitch which he hasn't shown an ability to do. His shine has worn off. He wouldn't even make up for a year of that shit Hosmer contract. Padres better hope Caufield gets a GM job quick if they wanna dump Hos.

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Weird how a guy people all don't like is ending up at peoples weddings and still socializing with a ton of guys on the Sox during ST

Which Sox-affiliated weddings is Madrigal showing up at?

And poppysox wedding doesn't count. 

• Haha 2

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Which Sox-affiliated weddings is Madrigal showing up at?

And poppysox wedding doesn't count. 

I believe it was Ryan Burr and Crochet? The names might be a little off. During an interview on The Score, Hendriks mentioned that Madrigal was apart of the group of Sox players that were going out together in AZ before the lockout ended.