Cueto to Sox (Official)

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

You guys are talking about different guys, he is talking about Adam Yauch.  I never would have connected John Berry to the Beasties even though he was there at the beginning.

Got it. I guess I'm old as I remember the beginning but lost interest soon thereafter. 

1 hour ago, flavum said:

If his tenure in a Sox uniform is four or five May starts, so be it. Give him a shot until Lynn is ready. 

Do we know if the $4.2M is truly prorated (ie: he is on roster for 30 games he gets (30/162)*$4.2M=$777,777), or is the $4.2M guaranteed for the rest of the season as of the day he is activated, even if he only makes it a month or two on the roster. 

Edited by ChiSox59

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Do we know if the $4.2M is truly prorated (ie: he is on roster for 30 games he gets (30/162)*$4.2M=$777,777), or is the $4.2M guaranteed for the rest of the season as of the day he is activated, even if he only makes it a month or two on the roster. 

The way I read it, he’s paid for the time he’s on the big league roster this season. He also has a May 15, opt out.

43 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Seems like they’re being awful conservative with him considering the circumstances.

Or they've seen enough and are calling him up for his next start?  It's not like anyone up here has been going much more than 4 innings.

36 minutes ago, wegner said:

Or they've seen enough and are calling him up for his next start?  It's not like anyone up here has been going much more than 4 innings.

Perhaps. You’d think they wanna get him more than 60 some pitches tho if the intent was to have him take VVs spot next week. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Perhaps. You’d think they wanna get him more than 60 some pitches tho if the intent was to have him take VVs spot next week. 

It is only his 2nd start. He's literally having ST in April. I'm fine with them being cautious with him. He's been in the league 13 years, I'm sure he knows his routine by now and knows when he is ready.