4/5 Games!!!!!!!!

BamaDoc

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So we still have as many as 6 members of that team up in limbo with 34 members still on the Chicago roster, right?  Or are they there and we haven't announced it yet?

Active Roster page on the Sox website lists 32 players. Crochet, Kelly, Lynn and Mercedes are all going on the IL so that gets it down to 28.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Active Roster page on the Sox website lists 32 players. Crochet, Kelly, Lynn and Mercedes are all going on the IL so that gets it down to 28.

Zavala and Adolfo will be gone too. That brings it to 26. Crick will be 27. 

6 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Charlotte players of interest should be Romy, Burger, Haseley, Carlos Perez on the position side? Pitching side is kinda woof. McClure, Johnson, and Lambert? Missing anyone worthwhile?

Emilio Vargas was very good in Birmingham last year and I expected him to open as one of the best SP's in Charlotte. Does anyone know what's going on with him?

Just now, caulfield12 said:

That’s just not in the cards now with Leury and Harrison.

He needs to prove he can play 3b/1B/DH everyday and remain healthy for a possible trade or Moncada injury.

Okay, but he was quoted saying he will be playing both 3B and 2B in Charlotte a few days ago.

10 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Honestly surprised no one has traded for Perez to be a cheap backup catcher considering the Sox don't seem to value him very highly

To be fair, none of the big prospect publications (including FutureSox) have Perez as a top 30 prospect in the consensus weakest system.  I haven’t seen him play or at least wasn’t paying attention when he did, but his defense must not be very good.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

To be fair, none of the big prospect publications (including FutureSox) have Perez as a top 30 prospect in the consensus weakest system.  I haven’t seen him play or at least wasn’t paying attention when he did, but his defense must not be very good.

He projects as a big league backup. I don’t typically rank backups. I never even ranked Zavala I don’t think 

• Thanks 1