More food, beer info from sox

bmags

Here are the food offerings that will confuse and slow down vendors and cause you to miss 3 innings

https://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/2022-south-side-servings-white-sox-new-food-bev-599208521d34

And some beer info for the nerds

ew breweries and featured beers added to the extensive 2022 craft beer list include:

· Allagash Brewing Company, headquartered in Portland, Maine (Allagash White)

· Blake’s Hard Cider, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Blake’s Hard Cider Triple Jam)

· BuckleDown Brewing, headquartered in Lyons, Illinois (BuckleDown Hideout Hazy)

· Burnt City Brewing, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Burnt City Two-Headed Boy Pilsner)

· Forbidden Root Restaurant and Brewery, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Forbidden Root Small Talk)

· Midwest Coast Brewing Company, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Midwest Coast Vaguely Stylish)

· Sketchbook Brewing Company, headquartered in Evanston, Illinois (Sketchbook No Parking)

· Spiteful Brewing Taproom, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Spiteful Working Hard for the Weekend; Spiteful Radler)

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Here are the food offerings that will confuse and slow down vendors and cause you to miss 3 innings

https://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/2022-south-side-servings-white-sox-new-food-bev-599208521d34

ew breweries and featured beers added to the extensive 2022 craft beer list include:

· Blake’s Hard Cider, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Blake’s Hard Cider Triple Jam)

· BuckleDown Brewing, headquartered in Lyons, Illinois (BuckleDown Hideout Hazy)

· Burnt City Brewing, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Burnt City Two-Headed Boy Pilsner)

· Forbidden Root Restaurant and Brewery, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Forbidden Root Small Talk)

· Midwest Coast Brewing Company, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Midwest Coast Vaguely Stylish)

· Sketchbook Brewing Company, headquartered in Evanston, Illinois (Sketchbook No Parking)

· Spiteful Brewing Taproom, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Spiteful Working Hard for the Weekend; Spiteful Radler)

You can order many things on the App and they bring it to your seats. Just can't be in a hurry as it takes a few innings sometimes.

Just now, ptatc said:

You can order many things on the App and they bring it to your seats. Just can't be in a hurry as it takes a few innings sometimes.

To your seats? What section do you sit in? I tried mobile last year but often waited just as long to do the pickup at the stand.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

To your seats? What section do you sit in? I tried mobile last year but often waited just as long to do the pickup at the stand.

This can happen. It's usually not faster probably slower but I just sit and watch the game instead of waiting in line.

I'm in 162.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

This can happen. It's usually not faster probably slower but I just sit and watch the game instead of waiting in line.

I'm in 162.

wtf I'm so mad I didn't know about this. I feel like I used the ballpark app a lot. But I'm in 100 this year so looking forward to using it esp. in ap/may before they get their stuff together

53 minutes ago, bmags said:

Man, I worked at the Orland Park Rainbow Cone spot off 143rd and LaGrange that no longer exists (same owner as the OG Beverly location) and and their Taste of Chicago booth for 3 summers.  Would make enough scooping ice cream during 14 hours days at the Taste to have beer money for the year at highly prestigious Northern Illinois University.  There's an art to slapping those cones together, bringing back some fond memories with that offering. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Man, I worked at the Orland Park Rainbow Cone spot off 143rd and LaGrange that no longer exists (same owner as the OG Beverly location) and and their Taste of Chicago booth for 3 summers.  Would make enough scooping ice cream during 14 hours days at the Taste to have beer money for the year at highly prestigious Northern Illinois University.  There's an art to slapping those cones together, bringing back some fond memories with that offering. 

I feel like they've been expanding, have seen some rainbow cones poppin up all over. The orange sherbert part kinda ruined the whole thing but the palmer house ice cream is pretty good

42 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like they've been expanding, have seen some rainbow cones poppin up all over. The orange sherbert part kinda ruined the whole thing but the palmer house ice cream is pretty good

An ice cream by me, the creamery, carries rainbow cone. Yum.😋

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I didn't attend a game in 2021, is it still cashless?  Did roaming beer vendors ever return?  

They didn't for most of 2021 but I have conflicting memories on whether they reappeared in september and playoffs. I have faint memory of walking vendors during the playoff games but I may just be mixing up similar memories in my head. And I can't see anything on if that's different for 2022. Hope it's not one of those things where covid is the excuse for the fact that they realized they got by fine without em.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

They didn't for most of 2021 but I have conflicting memories on whether they reappeared in september and playoffs. I have faint memory of walking vendors during the playoff games but I may just be mixing up similar memories in my head. And I can't see anything on if that's different for 2022. Hope it's not one of those things where covid is the excuse for the fact that they realized they got by fine without em.

I seem to remember someone mentioning the vendors returning, but that too could be a false memory.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Yeah, I'd always just eat the palmer house and pistachio.  The sherbet was originally intended to be a pallet cleanser before you dive into the other flavors, but I feel like it's grown over the years and is there's way too much of it in the pics they posted. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Yeah, I'd always just eat the palmer house and pistachio.  The sherbet was originally intended to be a pallet cleanser before you dive into the other flavors, but I feel like it's grown over the years and is there's way too much of it in the pics they posted. 

I love this site. I know at some point rainbow cones are going to come up in conversation and I'm going to throw this out there and everyone's going to be like wtf how do you know that

• Love 1

Bud/Goose Island/Revolution/Constellation Brands out and Miller/Coors back:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/drink/ct-food-white-sox-beer-guaranteed-rate-miller-lite-returns-tt-0329-20220329-jlx6hw4djjfzzlquy44zd4zqzy-story.html

Goose Island will no longer be making White Sox golden ale which was not half bad so pick up a 12 pack if you can find one.

12 hours ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

300 Level are the best seats in the house - great view, not crowded, away from the clowns who fight in the bleachers, quick lines (food and pisser), nice people.

We go to one game a year (the family and friends), and we always sit in the 300 level.  We got tickets there once a few years ago and decided we'll always sit there.  Agree 100% with everything you said.

If it's just me and the wife or just me and one of the kids, we'll grab 100 or 500 level tickets.  But with a group of 8-10 of us, it's so much better in the club level.