Micker Adolfo DFA'd

DirtySox

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Adolfo for some serviceable starter would be nice.

Padres seem like the best fit to me.  They're a little thin in the OF and have a bunch of SP options.  Adolfo would never slip to them on waivers, so they couldn't wait that long.  Probably a pipedream, but somehow getting Paddack out of this deal even if he's slightly damaged goods would be quite a move from Hahn.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Padres seem like the best fit to me.  They're a little thin in the OF and have a bunch of SP options.  Adolfo would never slip to them on waivers, so they couldn't wait that long.  Probably a pipedream, but somehow getting Paddack out of this deal even if he's slightly damaged goods would be quite a move from Hahn.  

Just can’t really see any team trying to contend give him a roster spot.

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I can't imagine Adolfo having any value but if you can get Paddack for Adolfo + one of the high school starters, deal.  

I'd take anything that can help now, or has some potential with at least an option left, and call it a win. Coming into spring training, you would think he would be worth nothing in trade, but a team like the Reds or Pirates would be nuts not to claim him. For a few spring training ABs to net you something would be a positive. I hope the guy has a nice career, but the Sox were stuck here, and it really isn't their fault.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Outside of the Rays, no team scouts better IMO than the Padres.   

I'm pretty sure they won't be fooled by a ST sample size. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I'd take anything that can help now, or has some potential with at least an option left, and call it a win. Coming into spring training, you would think he would be worth nothing in trade, but a team like the Reds or Pirates would be nuts not to claim him. For a few spring training ABs to net you something would be a positive. I hope the guy has a nice career, but the Sox were stuck here, and it really isn't their fault.

Exactly teams that can give him the at bats make sense, and they likely aren’t contenders. Would be pleasantly be surprised though if they got anything worthwhile for him that can help us right now.

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Adolfo has no value and we will lose him in a week for nothing.  I'll take the pitcher when we clearly need a body.

Adolfo is making the team for the first month at the very least, probably by then Engel is hurt and Adolfo is on the team for longer 

I've always been a fan of Adolfo. Health has gotten into his way. This a player I can see that could haunt us down the road. Adolfo has a lot of talent. Worried we will get pennies on the dollar with the hole we are in with no options. 

Edited by PolishPrince34

19 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Adolfo has no value and we will lose him in a week for nothing.  I'll take the pitcher when we clearly need a body.

If it's as reported that his name is popular in trade talks he has to have some value.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

I've always been a fan of Adolfo. Health has always gotten into his way. This a player I can see that could haunt us down the road. Adolfo has a lot of talent. Worried we will get pennies on the dollar with the hole we are in with no options. 

I agree with this, but Sox hands are simply tied.  He's ran out of time with this org.  I don't think he's going to turn into the next Aaron Judge, but Franmil Reyes with better defense is a solid comp if things go well for Micker. 

Not usually a Morosi fan, but the fact that he says Micker has been a popular name in trade talks this week, it would seem to indicate that there is at least some interest from other teams.  With the 2 extra roster spots, I assume Sox would prefer to roster Micker thru April to see if our often injured OFs get injured than trade him for a bag of balls. 

• Like 3