Micker Adolfo DFA'd

DirtySox

27 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

35% in 240 PA in AA and then 32% in 160 PA in AAA. Pretty bad rates but that’s a huge difference from 40% especially when he’s putting up .250+ iso in his first year post-pandemic.

I agree that my prospect hopes are a little high to get someone to slot into our top 15, but also we have a terrible system so our #15 is a lot of other teams’ #25.

edit: Also I’m just spitballing to see what other people think a return might be. I’m arguing he might get more of a return than a pure nobody.

Bad. But in todays game, he could survive. Moncada did. But this kid would hit homers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'd call the Reds about Jeff Hoffman.  Similar situation just fills a position of need better for us

Still think they're unlikely to give up a once-promising pitcher for someone who's so similar to Aristides Aquino.   Adolfo has the bigger arm, but no track record.

6 hours ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

What could the value of Adolfo be? There are a surprisingly few RFs that Fangraphs projects to produce more than 2 WAR. They only have 9 2+ WAR RF listed on their depth charts prediction page. To be fair this doesn't take into account the WAR multi-position outfielders are expected to produce in the other outfield spots. Still they've got a number of competing teams like the Red Sox, Padres, and Rangers who don't have a very productive RF. Maybe one of these teams wants to catch a Yermin in a bottle in RF by throwing a mid-level prospect to the Sox. Alternatively the Royals, DBacks, Reds, Pirates, or Rockies could play long term and hope a year or two of seasoning does him well.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got a high-ceiling/low-floor young prospect who can slot into the top 15 of our organization. It doesn't seem too unreasonable given that RF is a very weak position in MLB right now, and there are plenty of teams without a decent player manning the spot. I think top 15 would be around his peak value since he is out of options and if he sucks there's no real recourse for the other team.

I would have supported you on your thinking but I knew last night that he was gone per the Merkin tweets as I predicted when we got Pollock and Haseley and already had a 4th outfielder with Engel. Plus Tim's suspension meant Mendick would stick especially with all the playing time he's got in the last few days so he would be ready. It was good to see Adolpho lighting it up but ultimately his injuries and the Pandemic cost him too many AB's.

He did all he could last year in AA and AA just like Burger did to overcome his injuries but ultimately when you are out of options one great ST is not enough to save you . It's great for him to get another shot with another team if that's what happens even if it's by releasing him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, oldsox said:

It still blows my mind that we keep guys like Ruiz, who has proven he can't get big league hitters out, on the roster while cutting Micker.  Do we really need 14 pitchers on the staff?

that last year Ruiz has had a FIP under 4.  I'd LOVE to trade Adolfo for any guy like that.

• Like 4

In hindsight, what if the Sox had given the ABs last year that they gave to Goodwin, Lamb, and even Eaton.   There were a bunch of underperforming guys we put into RF.  All were lefties.  Could Adolfo have done better?   

Also, next year, if Pollock decides to leave, there will be a RF opening.  Would Adolfo be further along than Cespedes or Colas?  

If he ever figures out the Ks and stays healthy, he's going to help some team a lot.