Micker Adolfo DFA'd

DirtySox

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

If he's a friend of Hector Gomez, then I trust this rumor. 

But wouldn't putting this out there kill any leverage the Sox have? Unless this is to light a fire under the asses of teams that have no chance of claiming him on waivers?

Think this guy had the Cueto signing before anyone else as well.

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

If he's a friend of Hector Gomez, then I trust this rumor. 

But wouldn't putting this out there kill any leverage the Sox have? Unless this is to light a fire under the asses of teams that have no chance of claiming him on waivers?

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Think this guy had the Cueto signing before anyone else as well.

Correct.

Man, DFAing Micker would suck.  Especially just to hold Mendick on the roster who both has options, isn't good at baseball and won't play at all.  With only 13 healthy pitchers in camp, they aren't going with 15 pitchers.  I would guess 1 more external arm is added next couple days.  

Buuuuuut we all saw this coming.  If Micker had a lick of value, he'd have been traded last July. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

No.  He just goes to the claiming team (he won't make it past the O's) and is out of options there still.  This process continues to repeat itself until he finds a home, or clear waivers. 

Got it. Thanks.  So eventually, a non-contending team will give him a shot to play every day.  He will either play well and be a steal for that team, or he will struggle to the point where no other team wants to claim him.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Just putting my neck out but I mostly feel like if we have to DFA micker he will actually make it down to Charlotte.

I just can't see him making it past the Os or another cellar dweller.  He's gonna K, he's gonna hit in the low .200s, but he'll launch a few bombs and might give the fans a thrill for a spell.  All with the hope that he figures it out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I would hate to just DFA Micker w/o giving him any chance to stick before May 1st.

Same here, but how much playing time would he get if we keep him on the 28-man roster?  I don't think he will be given any chance to prove himself.

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I just can't see him making it past the Os or another cellar dweller.  He's gonna K, he's gonna hit in the low .200s, but he'll launch a few bombs and might give the fans a thrill for a spell.  All with the hope that he figures it out.

But the Os don't seem to care about any valuation but their own, and also don't seem to be trying a bunch of AAAA guys out like the sox/brewers did during their rebuilds.

Pirates .. Reds, they definitely could but we know little about their systems and they may have their own guy they think is as likely to stick as a guy that had a 35% and 40% k rate in AAA and AA levels.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Got it. Thanks.  So eventually, a non-contending team will give him a shot to play every day.  He will either play well and be a steal for that team, or he will struggle to the point where no other team wants to claim him.

Yeah.  I suspect if the Sox can't move him, he's insta claimed by the O's and he gets a chance there.  If he flops, he's DFA'd again and probably gets handed around the league for a few months until he either sticks on a roster or eventually clears waivers and goes back to AAA.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

Just putting my neck out but I mostly feel like if we have to DFA micker he will actually make it down to Charlotte.

I'd go ahead and schedule an appointment to get that neck looked at.  

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Same here, but how much playing time would he get if we keep him on the 28-man roster?  I don't think he will be given any chance to prove himself.

Almost none.  He'd just be there in case one of our oft-injured OFs (and frankly, they all pretty much fit the bill), hit the IL in April. Whether the 14th position player is Micker, Mendick or Seby, none of them will play. 

14 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

With Pollock in the fold now I would agree.  I've just been rooting for Micker to figure it out forever and hope he'd make OD so they have more time to find him a new home.

15 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

If they haven't even had anybody call about him, then I agree, just DFA him and move on. However, if they've gotten some calls and some interest, then give him a half dozen starts in April to see what he can do.