TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I would have started my B team against Bieber since it was a likely loss even starting the A team. I would have started the A team in the 2nd game against a lesser pitcher. But, then I'm logical.

Absolutely nothing made sense yesterday…except deserving to lose both games.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Has to be bumped after yesterday’s fiasco.

“Harrison, Haseley, Leury batting 1-3. You could go back the past 10 years of MLB games and be hard pressed to find a worse 1-3 in any lineup. They had Grandal, Sheets, Vaughn, and Engel playing. You don’t hit the worst 3 hitters on your roster at the top of the lineup, maximizing their number of at bats.

I think this goes beyond dumb/questionable choices…..(and) I refuse to believe that even TLR is dumb enough to put those 3 at the top of a lineup by accident…..As people said last year, if this team goes anywhere, it will be in spite of TLR. He is just a huge drag on this team.”

Then not PHing for any of those guys the last 2-3 innings.  Inexplicable.  Luis Robert, sure, give him an opportunity to clear his head on the bench and watch from a different perspective.  But there were still lots of bullets not fired.

https://soxmachine.com/white-sox-game-recaps/guardians-2-white-sox-1-lineup-meets-expectations/

I still say that this team would be just as good if not better with Rick Renteria as manager. There is no reason for TLR to be here other than to ease JR's guilt for letting him be fired in 86. 

I'll be ecstatic when he finally goes home and has nothing else to do with the White Sox. 

• Like 5

A good manager is suppose to put the team in the best position to win and mitigate his involvement. I feel like every game or so Tony does something to do the opposite of those two points. It is what it is, unfortunately he is here til he wants out. 

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I would have started my B team against Bieber since it was a likely loss even starting the A team. I would have started the A team in the 2nd game against a lesser pitcher. But, then I'm logical.

You are being logical, but, in reality, there was no reason to start a B team in either game. Just because a team is facing a tough pitcher doesn't mean you throw in the towel. Everything about that doubleheader was odd. LaRussa says weird things at times; he also does weird things at times. This was not a good hire.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

A good manager is suppose to put the team in the best position to win and mitigate his involvement. I feel like every game or so Tony does something to do the opposite of those two points. It is what it is, unfortunately he is here til he wants out. 

A good manager is supposed to put his team in the best position to make the post season. Individual Hames are not the focus in a 162 game season, especially a condensed one with a shortened Spring training.

That being said these are some odd lineups.

18 minutes ago, ptatc said:

A good manager is supposed to put his team in the best position to make the post season. Individual Hames are not the focus in a 162 game season, especially a condensed one with a shortened Spring training.

That being said these are some odd lineups.

That's not totally true. That was not the job of someone like Rick Renteria in 2017 and 2018. If anything, his job was development. 

Now, TLR has a different role. His job is indeed to put his players in the best position to succeed. It's up the players to execute, but he has to move the chess pieces around to put the team in the best chance for success. Both in the regular season, and also the post season. 

He has failed on that front time and time again. 

Just now, Tony said:

That's not totally true. That was not the job of someone like Rick Renteria in 2017 and 2018. If anything, his job was development. 

Now, TLR has a different role. His job is indeed to put his players in the best position to succeed. It's up the players to execute, but he has to move the chess pieces around to put the team in the best chance for success. Both in the regular season, and also the post season. 

He has failed on that front time and time again. 

True. I was referring to the current situation not a rebuilding situation. Those are totally different roles. We'll see how all of his weird lineups change the look of the team at the end of the season and playoffs. If the team is ready at the end of the year and plays well in the post season, I'll live with it because with this team that is all that matters. Right now it is looking really weird.

17 minutes ago, ptatc said:
14 minutes ago, ptatc said:

True. I was referring to the current situation not a rebuilding situation. Those are totally different roles. We'll see how all of his weird lineups change the look of the team at the end of the season and playoffs. If the team is ready at the end of the year and plays well in the post season, I'll live with it because with this team that is all that matters. Right now it is looking really weird.

Sure. Of course I agree, everyone should. 

But there is no proof doing what TLR did yesterday with the lineups will have any impact on Game 1 of the ALDS. 

It doesn't have to be one or the other. It can be both. I can agree that the playoffs are the most important thing to get the team ready for, and those are the games that really matter. But TLR making bum decision after bum decision in the regular season doesn't earn him a pass just because there is enough talent on the team to overcome him asleep at the wheel. It's not unfair to expect both. 

18 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He fucking sucks. His ego is going to be the downfall of this team. 

He certainly makes it less likeable. I remember Maddon jerseys outselling even Abreu (only Sox jersey available) in 2015-2017 back home in the Quad Cities.

How many are buying TLR jerseys and proudly wearing them, other than members of the Reinsdorf family?

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, tray said:

TLR will ultimately be judged by the Sox W/L record. Unless the Sox play under .500 baseball, you are wasting your time criticizing him after every loss.

Save your breath

Yeah no thanks…dude should be criticized for making epically bad baseball decisions and not get a free pass because the team is talented to still win despite his best efforts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tray said:

TLR will ultimately be judged by the Sox W/L record. Unless the Sox play under .500 baseball, you are wasting your time criticizing him after every loss.

Save your breath

I mean, even someone like you know that isn't true. The guy took over a ready-made playoff roster. Ultimately, he will be judge on what this team accomplishes in the playoffs in 2021, 2022 and however long he continues to manage the White Sox. 

It doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticized for the poor decisions he makes during the season. 

Additionally, even if you feel like TLR should be judged by the Sox W/L record....then La Russa actively costing this team wins by batting Leury Garcia 3rd, punting games with Spring Training Lineups, etc should absolutely be part of the discussion. 

If you're going to troll, at least put more effort in. You're just being lazy at this point. 

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I have nothing of substance to add, I just truly hate the fact that Tony La Russa is in my life.

When the TLR rumors came out last year from Bob, we all thought it was a joke but classic White Sox doing something weird. 

When it actually happened, it was this huge black cloud over a team we all should have been some amped for. 

Nothing has changed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1