TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

5 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I remember when someone hit a homer off John Danks a number of yrs ago, whoever it was was hot dogging it and Danks told him to run the bases and shut up yr not Babe Ruth. The two ended up having a heated convo about it

Well put Mr Danks

abe.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

To those who 'hate' Tony and want him gone, please answer this serious question: Do you think anybody could manage this team to a better record at this time considering all these injuries? I mean examine the current roster. With Vaughn and Sheets not tearing it up (yet) and all the injuries, it's a monumentally bad lineup, I mean White Sox historically bad. And pitchers? The closer blows chunks (at least in April) and two starters were hurt badly. also it's Mr. Hahn's fault the defense is so bad. Haters ... please comment. INJURIES!

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

To those who 'hate' Tony and want him gone, please answer this serious question: Do you think anybody could manage this team to a better record at this time considering all these injuries? I mean examine the current roster. With Vaughn and Sheets not tearing it up (yet) and all the injuries, it's a monumentally bad lineup, I mean White Sox historically bad. And pitchers? The closer blows chunks (at least in April) and two starters were hurt badly. also it's Mr. Hahn's fault the defense is so bad. Haters ... please comment. INJURIES!

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Vaughn has arguably been their most dangerous hitter.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I am not a hater, but would prefer they would go in a different direction.  I think if they would make a move now(which isn't going to happen) there would be a short term bump but long term they would need to get players back and just simply play better.  I don't think their record is much different with another manager but maybe slightly better.  

2 hours ago, wegner said:

I get it that some people do not like bat flips...but boy was that one justified. 

Had the entire Twins dugout done a bat flip in front of the dugout I would have considered it to be justified as far as that bomb was hit!

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Pick a manager.  Any manager.  The answer is yes. 

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Greg is back, baby!

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

I remember when someone hit a homer off John Danks a number of yrs ago, whoever it was was hot dogging it and Danks told him to run the bases and shut up yr not Babe Ruth. The two ended up having a heated convo about it

Well put Mr Danks

Next time don't give up the home run.

I'm not sure why a bat flip is considered improper when literally the entire dugout and bullpen are going to crowd around home plate to celebrate.

Can you please explain why a bat flip on a game-winning bomb (and I mean BOMB) is worse than crowding around at home plate?

I'm guessing no other manager would have hit Leury in the #3 spot under any circumstances other than as a double switch, which would only be possible if we lost the DH in the middle of the game.

So yes - I would say almost anybody could manage this team to a better record at this time.

Hell, I would rehire literally any Sox manager back to Terry Bevington, and I might think about him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why do I hear Spicoli when I read this?  Anyone ever see Greg and Sean Penn in the room at the same time … ?

• Haha 2

Players gotta play and obviously that hasn't happened in over a week. But you have to put people in a position to be successful. That's on the coaching staff. No one should be left off the hook this past week. 

there’s plenty of blame to go around, that’s true. hahn has generally managed this team about as poorly as possible for the past two years. 

with that said, he at least made the moves to put the team in contention. larussa has been an absolute zero in every single respect since he joined the team. he’s added nothing, and dating back to last year has committed a ridiculous amount obvious gaffes. 

it’s disgraceful he’s been installed as manager. 

In a way, we really don't know who would have done a better job, because the organization didn't bother to do a real search. Maybe they should try interviewing a few candidates next time. Maybe that would be the first time the organization would do that.

43 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hell, I would rehire literally any Sox manager back to Terry Bevington, and I might think about him.

That list includes Robin "I'm just here so I don't get fined" Ventura, and Ozzie "I didn't quit on the team I just took another opportunity" Guillen. Even as bad as TLR has been to start this year, that's a pretty insane statement to make.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That list includes Robin "I'm just here so I don't get fined" Ventura, and Ozzie "I didn't quit on the team I just took another opportunity" Guillen. Even as bad as TLR has been to start this year, that's a pretty insane statement to make.

Yep. Rather have either vs TLR.