TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

Everyone's favorite Bruce is getting shitty with the Score morning show right now about holding TLR accountable.  I encourage you to listen to an old head hand-wave any responsibility for any of this

• Thanks 1

Is it possible that several of our guys are underperforming because they're tired of playing for this guy? I get that professional athletes should be self-motivated, and it appears that at least TA and Jose are, but perhaps TLR is wearing some other guys down?

Edited to add: I'm not saying this to make excuses for players who aren't performing, I'm just suggesting that TLR's impact might be more severe than we are even saying.

Edited by CentralChamps21
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Is it possible that several of our guys are underperforming because they're tired of playing for this guy? I get that professional athletes should be self-motivated, and it appears that at least TA and Jose are, but perhaps TLR is wearing some other guys down?

I definitely buy that there could be some “TLR doesn’t give a shit, why should I?” energy in the clubhouse, knowing that nothing is going to change no matter what.  

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

I definitely buy that there could be some “TLR doesn’t give a shit, why should I?” energy in the clubhouse, knowing that nothing is going to change no matter what.  

It sure is what explains what I have seen through the first third of this season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It sure is what explains what I have seen through the first third of this season.

"Manager is drunk and half assing it half of the time, why should I bust my ass every night?" has to enter into the back of these guy's minds eventually.

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I have read a lot of Phillies tweets this and last season which are basically saying the same Shit we complain about with TLR

Yeah, I just read the Phillies subreddit and they all seem to think Girardi checked out and didn't give a shit. 

Girardi doesn't have the benefit of his bullpen being good though. I'm sure if our bullpen was as bad as the Phillies', we'd be 10+ games under .500 at this point. 

Edited by chw42

This move is the equivalent of firing LaRussa and leaving Cairo/McEwing in charge. 

blah. 

The Sox need a major ass cleaning, Manager, coaches, scouting, GM, whatever the fuck KW does.  

All of them gone. 

Firing LaRussa isn't going to do shit, sorry to break the news folks. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This move is the equivalent of firing LaRussa and leaving Cairo/McEwing in charge. 

blah. 

The Sox need a major ass cleaning, Manager, coaches, scouting, GM, whatever the fuck KW does.  

All of them gone. 

Yep. Unfortunately that won't happen until there is a new owner in place. And then you scorch the front office and coaching staff.

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

blah. 

All of them gone. 

Who are you sorry for breaking the news to

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Everyone's favorite Bruce is getting shitty with the Score morning show right now about holding TLR accountable.  I encourage you to listen to an old head hand-wave any responsibility for any of this

I heard that. What a joke. Doesn't want to put any blame on Tony or the organization of course. Nobody is at fault, it's all because of injuries according to Bruce. I wish Chicago reporters weren't so spineless when it comes to questioning Jerry's organizations. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I heard that. What a joke. Doesn't want to put any blame on Tony or the organization of course. Nobody is at fault, it's all because of injuries according to Bruce. I wish Chicago reporters weren't so spineless when it comes to questioning Jerry's organizations. 

He started off on a false premise with what Grote said earlier, and just kept going

41 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So they aren't the Phillies 

I don't see any difference between losing in the ALDS and missing the playoffs. In fact, losing in the ALDS is worse than missing the playoffs all together. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3