TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Leury with a .193 OBP leading off, Moncada hitting 3rd with a .176 OBP. Runs were going to be scarce.

Yep...should have played the same lineup as Tuesday but with these changes:

1. Mendick SS

2. Vaughn RF

3. Robert CF

4. Abreu 1B

5. Burger DH

6. Grandal C

7. Pollock LF

8. Moncada 3B

9. Garcia 2B

What is wrong with trying to use as close to a similar lineup as you can every night? Bat the guys who are hot in a row.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think that the money allocation problem is coming from ownership because ownership would rather light $25M on fire than spend it on the rest of Bryce Harper's career. 

Hahn can only do what Jerry allows him to. 

That being said his trades are awful and he deserves to be fired. 

HIs trades are the only thing that have kept him afloat. What are you talking about?

Also this is just speculatory BS. Hahn could have signed people for the some time and $ commitment as he committed this off-season and it would have been much more intelligent. 

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yep...should have played the same lineup as Tuesday but with these changes:

1. Mendick SS

2. Vaughn RF

3. Robert CF

4. Abreu 1B

5. Burger DH

6. Grandal C

7. Pollock LF

8. Moncada 3B

9. Garcia 2B

What is wrong with trying to use as close to a similar lineup as you can every night? Bat the guys who are hot in a row.

The Sox never use the same lineup. There's no consistency with this team. It's patented La Russa. He does nothing to maximize the play of his players. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

HIs trades are the only thing that have kept him afloat. What are you talking about?

Also this is just speculatory BS. Hahn could have signed people for the some time and $ commitment as he committed this off-season and it would have been much more intelligent. 

I think he's referring to the competitive window trades: Pilkington for Cesar, Kimbrel deal etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Anyone who thinks being a baseball manager is somehow a chess match and not checkers is simply lost. People like Harold and Tray are old geezers who shun data and analytics, and are stuck in there ways. Data could literally make most decisions for you without injecting ones pointless gut.

Playing the numbers and the odds is better than anyone who plays their gut. I couldn't care less if the old geezers like Tray and Harold don't agree with that; their thought process is archaic and being grinded out of the game for a reason. People like TLR have seen the game pass them by. 

Which Harold are we talking about? The king scout that is infatuated with Kelenic?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Which Harold are we talking about? The king scout that is infatuated with Kelenic?

I like saying "the guy that wanted to trade Vaughn, Kopech and Madrigal for Conforto in 2020," but to each their own...

😂

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The best deal available? Leury Garcia was one of the FIRST players to sign of the entire off-season. What are you talking about?

Your post I responded to said Harrison and Garcia. I was discussing Harrison. I thought you would just assume that.  I shouldn't have assumed you would. 

On 8/1/2019 at 10:45 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Michael Conforto

On 8/1/2019 at 10:57 AM, Tony said:

And what are they paying? Who would you trade? 

On 8/1/2019 at 11:02 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Robert, Eloy and Tim (though I may be willing to move him in the right deal) are the only untouchables in the entire organization.  Everyone else is on the table.  Trade whoever it takes.  This organization needs an enema.  

On 8/1/2019 at 11:07 AM, Tony said:

So Brodie Van Wagenen asks for Vaughn-Madirgal-Cease, you're moving them for him? 

And how is Tim on your list, but not Moncada? 

On 8/1/2019 at 11:15 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Done

I forgot about Moncada.  Same as Tim.  It would have to be the right deal.  

24 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Lmao no way. Was this trade really proposed?

Ron, I had it wrong, it was Cease, not Kopech. This was going into the winter of 2019, preparing for the 2020 season. See the chain above...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Samardzija, Shields, Frazier, Kimbrel, Hernandez. 

Hahn is terrible at buyer trades. 

He's been good(not great) at seller trades. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

Ron, I had it wrong, it was Cease, not Kopech. This was going into the winter of 2019, preparing for the 2020 season. See the chain above...

Thanks for doing the digging. I can never get search to work on mobile. Still, that trade is unbelievably bad. Hahn's career would be over if he did that. 

In Harold's defense, I think the trade was more about getting rid of Madrigal than it was getting Conforto. Vaughn and Cease were pieces to sweeten the pot in order to get the devil reincarnated out of the organization. 

1 hour ago, tray said:

Maybe you're our right , Vaughn should have been in the line-up and playing RF against a tough RH pitcher. Instead TLR put Sheets out there. Sheets  had a doublo following Burger's HR. That could have been the inning that the Sox got back in the game. Maybe Vaughn would have homered. Maybe this, maybe that but whatever does not work, it is easy to point fingers , especially at your favorite Manager.

I have never seen someone jump on such obvious bait before, but kudos to you.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Colome rental for Narvaez.

I always hated that trade. I really liked Omar and wish they would have kept him. His bat played, was a lefty, a decent catcher, and has done well in Milwaukee. Definitely an underrated catcher. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Samardzija, Shields, Frazier, Kimbrel, Hernandez. 

Hahn is terrible at buyer trades. 

He's been good(not great) at seller trades. 

It's inarguable that Hahn has been a net winner in his trades. No one will win them all. They even saved hundreds of millions by trading tatis for shields!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's inarguable that Hahn has been a net winner in his trades. No one will win them all. They even saved hundreds of millions by trading tatis for shields!

They even made SD come together as a team learning how not to rely upon him being in the lineup too much.  And Hahn already knew he was a daredevil motorcyclist.  Risk mitigation, baby!

Great work.

43 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They even made SD come together as a team learning how not to rely upon him being in the lineup too much.  And Hahn already knew he was a daredevil motorcyclist.  Risk mitigation, baby!

Great work.

Why do you keep citing SD as some huge success

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Nobody: .....

Absolutely nobody: .......

Caulfield: Well the Padres (insert statement here)

It's just, they have gotten everyone the Sox fans wanted the Sox to get, and they have done worse.  Yea they are doing well this season but I could tell you if the clubs were reversed, we would be infinitely more pissed off that they didn't make the playoffs last season and would not be accepting their current results as status quo 

4 hours ago, tray said:

It seems like every Sox loss is followed by hyperbolic criticisms of TLR, Hahn, JR and suggestions that the franchise be sold or moved out of Chicago. Some even threaten to become Cub fans. Oh my.

I find it all quite amusing.  No, you are not smarter than Hahn, TLR, JR or anyone else, but anyway, carry on..

lol @ the bolded. Yeah, I'm sure these are really smart guys. Especially TLR. There are 4 year olds smarter than TLR.

The guy has evident dementia. He can't even get up in front of the media after games and coherently speak for longer than 3 seconds, without slurring his words and babbling incoherently.

Why do people still feel the need to defend this guy? Holy shit.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Why do you keep citing SD as some huge success

They’ve motivated their fans to attend games in droves.  That, in and of itself, is quite important to sustaining payroll.

Has Hahn managed the same?

Baseball, in the end, is about entertainment.

https://twitter.com/gilxred/status/1447712141583257603

In the bottom of the third inning with the White Sox trailing 5-3 and two runners on base and Leury García at the plate, the fan promised to a get a tattoo in García's honor.

if leury hits a homer here, i’ll get a tattoo in his honor

— bertboy (@gilxred) October 11, 2021

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/chicago-baseball/white-sox-fan-gets-leury-garcia-tattoo-after-huge-home-run-in-game-3-of-alds/2634944/

As you can see above, that fan who got the Garcia #20 tattoo has gone into Witness Protection with Bartman.

Edited by caulfield12

6 hours ago, Texsox said:

So Moncada will follow the poor approach at the plate instructions while batting .125? He's not a bright guy then. How much advance notice does he require before playing? "I thought I was playing tomorrow, but I'm playing today?! I can't hit under these conditions!"

Amazingly there are non starters that can adjust. Just last week we saw some great pinch hitting. Do you think those guys knew in advance they would be asked to pinch hit? 

No doubt Tony isn't performing up to MLB standards but the players should get their share of the blame. Most everyone blamed Dallas Keuchel for his failures. They point to  Garcia's general lack of talent for his inability. Harrison just can't hit anymore and was a poor signing. But other players get a pass and Tony blamed? 

This works in reverse though.  What effective measures is Tony taking to have Yoan hitting. 300? Why can't he convince Yoan to do them?