TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Hahn's career has been over for a very long.  Just so happens he is employed by the Sox, so no one told him yet. 

It always amuses me that people think Rick Hahn wouldn't get hired tomorrow if he left the Sox today. Utter trash executives recycle all over baseball every year. Rick Hahn will be fine.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It always amuses me that people think Rick Hahn wouldn't get hired tomorrow if he left the Sox today. Utter trash executives recycle all over baseball every year. Rick Hahn will be fine.

He would absolutely get a job. As GM or President of Baseball Ops? I don't think so. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This works in reverse though.  What effective measures is Tony taking to have Yoan hitting. 300? Why can't he convince Yoan to do them?  

Exactly. I don't think there is much Tony can do. I believe that's Frank, Howie, and Yoan working together to solve the problem. 

I think we'll agree Tony has done a poor job of selecting coaches. Although he has managed to hire friends and family, (Duncan and Katz) so he's got that going for him. 

Which then leads to a logical conclusion that if we can't get Tony out, replacing a couple coaches would probably be faster route to improvement. 

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I agree. It might not be a promotion or even a lateral move, but he'll get another chance. 

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

He would absolutely get a job. As GM or President of Baseball Ops? I don't think so. 

I bet if Hahn leaves before he retires, he'd be a GM or above within a year somewhere else.  Baseball is almost incestuous with how they just reuse the same people over and over again.  Someone would bring him in.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I bet if Hahn leaves before he retires, he'd be a GM or above within a year somewhere else.  Baseball is almost incestuous with how they just reuse the same people over and over again.  Someone would bring him in.

The narrative will be "he lead the Sox to their first back to back playoff appearances" . . .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well I was speaking as far as his career with the Sox.  But you are right, with his track record however, he shouldn't.  Though, as you said, trash recycled all over the place. 

1 minute ago, soulfly said:

Well I was speaking as far as his career with the Sox.  But you are right, with his track record however, he shouldn't.  Though, as you said, trash recycled all over the place. 

Hope he goes to another AL Central team. Don't think they will fall for it, though.  Maybe the Royals, but he would need to be a born-again Christian if Dayton Moore's still the shot caller.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Man, the 1-2 IBB then to have Muncy hit a 3 run HR might take the cake

Yea, that's absolutely on Tony. I mean the players have to execute but when you intentionally put them in bad spots you can't blame them when they don't.

How many times in the history of ever has a player been IBB on a 1-2 count?

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's got the perfect excuse, too. His hands were always tied by the owner. 

21 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

Yea, that's absolutely on Tony. I mean the players have to execute but when you intentionally put them in bad spots you can't blame them when they don't.

How many times in the history of ever has a player been IBB on a 1-2 count?

Happened twice last year. Both times it was after 1st base opened up after a wild pitch/stolen base, just like today. 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hell, remember when the Blue Jays were.trying to get Kenny to be the VP or president or whatever? Hahn would definitely get another job.