TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

3 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Actually the look from Mendick is the telling one. 

They need a new mgr - than get the boys back off the DL by 4th of July and shake the league the rest of the way!!! But it can’t stop with mgr - need a new hitting coach too and I have no idea who they would make mgr? Maybe convince Paulie haha. 

1 hour ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I feel terrible for Souza. Dude was put in a position to fail. 

Souza is horrific. One of the worst pitchers I have seen put on a Sox uniform. Why he is still on big league club and even getting a chance to be used in a high leverage situation is completely beyond me. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

They need a new mgr - than get the boys back off the DL by 4th of July and shake the league the rest of the way!!! But it can’t stop with mgr - need a new hitting coach too and I have no idea who they would make mgr? Maybe convince Paulie haha. 

AJ Pierzynski has quietly thrown his hat into the ring.

2 hours ago, tray said:

The count means nothing. You risk a wild pitch by trying to half-ass get Turner to bite on pitches way out of the zone.

The decision LaRussa had was whether it would be better for a pretty weak LH pitcher to face Trea Turner or Max Muncy.

He made the wrong call and opened himself up to wild criticism from his most ardent critics.

Trea hit a laser home run the night before so that may have had something to do with the decision. Easy one to criticize but there is a school of thought in many sports that states that you just don't let certain star players beat you, and take your chances with the rest.  So Trea Turner vs Max Muncy?  

Lmao.... At least you're consistent with your undying loyalty to this fucking incompetent, demented dinosaur. Walking him was the wrong call based on every available data point on the fucking planet. And yet, here you are, completely ignoring the facts that contradict his braindead decision, and defending it....

It's like the people who still believe Trump won the 2020 election. Complete and total cognitive dissonance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 5

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Literally anyone else would be an improvement. I bet people would welcome Ricky Renteria back with open arms after the last 15 months.

• Like 3

TLR's decision-making gets worse at time goes by.  Yesterday's baffling move to intentionally walk a guy on a 1-2 count is about as bad a decision there is, especially because of the outcome.  The entire baseball world is laughing over the move.  I think most Sox fans agreed with Muncy's reaction after crossing home plate.  It's past time to move on from TLR, but it will never happen unless he resigns.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Souza is horrific. One of the worst pitchers I have seen put on a Sox uniform. Why he is still on big league club and even getting a chance to be used in a high leverage situation is completely beyond me. 

Hey, he didn't succeed against the middle of the blue jays offense, or the dodgers offense.  If don't succeed, try try again.  Next time guaranteed to be good, right?

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I just hope everyone understands that Tony La Russa isn't going anywhere. Lot of chatter about how that had to be the straw that broke the camels back and he's on his way out. No chance. 

I don't want to hear about poor Hahn either when Tony isn't fired. 

Yesterday was what, example 147 on the list of “days where Rick Hahn should demand to be able to fire his manager and resign if he can’t.” As with the previous 146, he remained a coward, a yes man too happy with his paycheck to say what needs to be said to his boss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yesterday was what, example 147 on the list of “days where Rick Hahn should demand to be able to fire his manager and resign if he can’t.” As with the previous 146, he remained a coward, a yes man too happy with his paycheck to say what needs to be said to his boss.

Or maybe he's saying it, and JR is just telling him to go fuck himself? We have no way to know what goes on behind closed doors.

Half wondering if TLR is sick of this shit and is trying to do everything he can to get fired.

He quits, he gives up his paycheck.

He gets fired, he gets paid.

That's literally the only thing that the logical part of my brain can come up with that would make any sense whatsoever.

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/white-sox-intentionally-walk-trea-turner-on-1-2-count

White Sox manager Tony La Russa took umbrage postgame when questioned about intentionally walking Trea Turner with a 1-2 count in the sixth inning of the Dodgers' 11-9 victory Thursday afternoon at Guaranteed Rate Field.

His reaction came after many fans and pundits disagreed across social media concerning the move, which was followed by Max Muncy’s three-run home run off left-handed reliever Bennett Sousa. But La Russa confidently stood by his call, much like a manager who has built confidence over the years behind three World Series titles and 2,847 career victories.

In fact, he found it hard to believe the question was being asked.

I found it hard to believe that none of the spineless reporters in the room asked the softball follow-up question to Tony's reply...."There again, if somebody disagrees, that's the beauty of this game. Welcome to it. But that wasn't a tough call."

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add

TLR is an egotistical Narcissist. He is the smartest guy in the room. And he won't let you ever forget he is a HOF Manager. Just ask the cops that arrested him for the DUI.

He is never wrong and if you question him, like a couple reporters tried yesterday, you will feel his wrath. 

He is going on 78. He is never going to change. I'm sure, like me, there are a lot of you who have, or had, a father just like him. He is going to do things his way. Your never going to change his mind. 

He isn't getting fired either. The 86 yr old billionaire who hired him, because he felt so badly for letting Hawk fire him in 86, would never fire him again. And TLR is too much of an egomaniac to resign and admit failure. 

So Sox fans are yet again stuck watching a clown show. 

And that window of opportunity to win a WS has been slammed shut. 

27 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Half wondering if TLR is sick of this shit and is trying to do everything he can to get fired.

He quits, he gives up his paycheck.

He gets fired, he gets paid.

That's literally the only thing that the logical part of my brain can come up with that would make any sense whatsoever.

If JR truly cared about his friend and his rep, he could allow him to resign for “health reasons” and still pay the contract if TLR really wanted out.  Or a token promotion with a meaningless title so he can spend his days drunk at the assisted living facility.  There are easy ways if TLR really wanted out. 

Intentional sabotage or dementia induced delusion, this team is going nowhere with TLR at the helm. 

56 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Come on.  Chances are pretty high that Hahn has told Reinsdorf that TLR isn't working out and the team would perform better if they went in a different direction, and Reinsdorf wouldn't allow TLR to be fired.  That's not Hahn being a yes man or a coward.  That's being an employee.  What do you want Hahn to do?  Resign?  None of us would do that.  The boss decides and you go back to work.  Hahn might not like the decision but he's not going to resign over it and to insult him because of it is silly.  The signings of Leury and Harrison, sure.  But we all know TLR continuing to manage the Sox is out of his hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1