TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

6 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Ben's article shows that the odds to win the game actually moved slightly in the Sox favor after the walk. It wasn't much but I found it surprising.

It was by 1%.  But that doesn't account for Sousa's reverse splits and Muncy historically against LHPers as well.

1 hour ago, tray said:

The responses to my above post which show what Trea Turner did the previous evening are not surprising given the level of personal animosity shown here.

I just cited fact - Trea Turner blasted a HR against us  less than 24 hours earlier...one that salted that game away.

So TLR decides to pitch to him and Trea goes deep..AGAIN, ..with the Max Muncy on deck. Tell me that fan reaction by TLR detractors would be any different.

It wouldn't. I sense hatred by some fans. Is that what this is because it sure doesn't seem like normal baseball fandom to me.

Please then explain why Tony the genius let him see 3 pitches before walking him? If a homer was coming 1st base being occupied meant nothing.

• Like 6
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, tray said:

The responses to my above post which show what Trea Turner did the previous evening are not surprising given the level of personal animosity shown here.

I just cited fact - Trea Turner blasted a HR against us  less than 24 hours earlier...one that salted that game away.

So TLR decides to pitch to him and Trea goes deep..AGAIN, ..with the Max Muncy on deck. Tell me that fan reaction by TLR detractors would be any different.

It wouldn't. I sense hatred by some fans. Is that what this is because it sure doesn't seem like normal baseball fandom to me.

Fans hate dumb decisions which lead to losses. Not sure why that doesn't bother you, but sure.

Tell me why we were pitching at all to him if he was so dangerous?

Even if you don't want to pitch TO him, you are ahead 1-2.  Throw him a face high fastball, or something in the dirt.  See if he will chase, and if he doesn't,  oh well.  But you have a huge advantage in the count, why not use it?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tray said:

Trea hit one on a 1-1 count. the night before against a RH pitcher.

. You think he hasn't hit one on 1-2 against a weak LH pitcher.

Again, if TLR let Trea hit and he put another laser in the stands, the reaction by some fans and media would likewise be over the top batsh1t crazy.

This is all about nothing at the end of the day.

The reaction would be nothing like this. Tony's stupidity is headlining national sports coverage.  Even if Turner hit a bomb there it is nothing like a national media embarrassment.  Not even in the same universe. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The reaction would be nothing like this. Tony's stupidity is headlining national sports coverage.  Even if Turner hit a bomb there it is nothing like a national media embarrassment.  Not even in the same universe. 

Is there a multiverse available where TLR is not the manager?  I want to go there. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tray said:

Trea hit one on a 1-1 count. the night before against a RH pitcher.

. You think he hasn't hit one on 1-2 against a weak LH pitcher.

Again, if TLR let Trea hit and he put another laser in the stands, the reaction by some fans and media would likewise be over the top batsh1t crazy.

This is all about nothing at the end of the day.

I love this because it's like

"Trea Turner has hit home runs on counts before, we shouldn't pitch to him. Checkmate."

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Can we start getting some chants at games?  Maybe a "Fire Tony" or something to make the broadcasts awkward?  Something to force public shaming?

Ugh. Chants like that are no good. They show a lack of class. The whole stadium chanting "Fire Tony" for a .500 team with injuries and the fact he's an old guy is kind of classless. If you are kidding my bad.  Just let it play out.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Ugh. Chants like that are no good. They show a lack of class. The whole stadium chanting "Fire Tony" for a .500 team with injuries and the fact he's an old guy is kind of classless. If you are kidding my bad.  Just let it play out.

I would say running this manager out there  is the ultimate lack of class,  but I suppose you are the expert for what we are allowed to do at sporting events.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Try the Celtics crowd tonight with Draymond Green.  Didn’t quite go as intended in the end.

6 hours ago, Soxfest said:

TLR stubborn

He is obsessed with platoon/matchups, and doubles down on his mistakes, which BTW are many. One of the mistakes that led to the Trea IBB was having Sousa in the game in the first place. A guy with 8 ERA against the heart of the Dodgers lineup in a close game late is not a winning move.

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

TLR is the best player in the Twins lineup.

Buxton, Arraez and Correa might disagree.

The crazy thing is that of the six teams in the current fight for the #6 AL Wild Card position, the White Sox at -52 RS/RA are a full 40 runs behind the “worst” team of that grouping, the Mariners at 6 games under .500.  Boston and CLE lead at +39 and +35 respectively. Angels and Rangers at +7 and 0/Even.

Mind boggling they’re still even in the heart of that race, let alone the division.

14 hours ago, Texsox said:

Ben's article shows that the odds to win the game actually moved slightly in the Sox favor after the walk. It wasn't much but I found it surprising.

No it didn't. 

Clearly states odds moved against them. It was by 1%. 1% is a huge move for a manager move in the 6th inning of a game youre already losing by 2. If my math is right, if the game was tied that number moves to 4% on a single managerial move.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run