TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I would bet we were at twice this length in ‘21.

The Yermin stuff alone was a lot.  There hasn't been one huge incident like that yet until the Seager 1-2 IBB, just a steady flow of stupidity 

I have to say that it does feel different this week.  The old heads that all had Tony's back aren't able to defend what he has been doing, Heyman talked about replacing him on the score this morning and it usually takes a lot for him to say something of that nature.  Bruce tried to calm it all down but it just came off as normal Bruce caping 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I have to say that it does feel different this week.  The old heads that all had Tony's back aren't able to defend what he has been doing, Heyman talked about replacing him on the score this morning and it usually takes a lot for him to say something of that nature.  Bruce tried to calm it all down but it just came off as normal Bruce caping 

I think you’re right, and I think the fans getting into it on Saturday was also a big part. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I think you’re right, and I think the fans getting into it on Saturday was also a big part. 

That absolutely kicked it off, not very different from the Fire Garpax chants.  It sucks that we have to get stupid rowdy in order to affect change 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Just saw a video where Jim Bowden said it was time for a managerial change and for LaRussa to be bumped upstairs.  He said it hurt him to say so because Tony is a friend but it is time.

I'd rather have him out of the organization but I guess whatever it takes to get him out of the dugout.  I also see that the Phillies have played great since replacing Girardi....it may be too late in that division but it should not be too late in the AL Central.

That would be even worse or more of the same. We all know Tony has a finger on the moves this organization makes and a direct line to Jerry’s ear. To give him a more clear role in those decisions would not make this team better, it would make it worse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

That would be even worse or more of the same. We all know Tony has a finger on the moves this organization makes and a direct line to Jerry’s ear. To give him a more clear role in those decisions would not make this team better, it would make it worse. 

Yep. At most, he should get some bullshit "ambassador" role. Or he can just go away. That is preferred.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Was busy this weekend and didn't follow much, but you would think in back-to-back extra inning games when your bullpen is thin, your closer might make an appearance. Weird.

Edit: he pitched an inning Friday, didn't pitch Wednesday or Thursday, pitched Tuesday, and Monday no game, 

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Then just "Sell the team". Three syllable chants are always easy to do. Everyone knows who owns the team so you don't need to say Jerry.

Sell the team !

Sell the team !!

Sell the team !!!

I like this idea a lot more now

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Was busy this weekend and didn't follow much, but you would think in back-to-back extra inning games when your bullpen is thin, your closer might make an appearance. Weird.

Edit: he pitched an inning Friday, didn't pitch Wednesday or Thursday, pitched Tuesday, and Monday no game, 

No one has confirmed this but a couple people said he looked awkward right at the end of the session on Friday, and Tony did strongly suggest he wasn't available either Saturday or Sunday but is supposed to be available today.

Another round of back spasms seems like a very plausible conclusion - they wouldn't put him on the IL for that, and we've seen it already this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

No one has confirmed this but a couple people said he looked awkward right at the end of the session on Friday, and Tony did strongly suggest he wasn't available either Saturday or Sunday but is supposed to be available today.

Another round of back spasms seems like a very plausible conclusion - they wouldn't put him on the IL for that, and we've seen it already this year.

Unavailable or Tony is an idiot. 

I'd rather think Tony is an idiot but I think you're right.