TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

5 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Is anyone defending LaRussa anymore?

I like Tony more than most fans. I really dislike his managing and want him gone. 

Burger fields that ball cleanly and we're possibly not having this discussion. 

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

If this moron is so convinced that walking Turner to pitch to Muncy was so smart, why did he wait for Sousa to throw 3 pitches?

Hey Rick. Hey Jerry. Hey Kenny. Hey Tony. If any of you 4 nitwits are reading this: f*** you. You all suck ass at your jobs 

Because the base wasn't open. He was asked that.

Just now, Texsox said:

I like Tony more than most fans. I really dislike his managing and want him gone. 

That's the thing though. 

Players will at times put managers in situations that suck and the good managers find ways to manage around that and win. 

TLR looks fine when his starter gives him 6 scoreless innings and his bullpen does its job, but when you give him a 50/50 situation to get out of, he's usually wrong. And in some cases, egregiously wrong. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

If this moron is so convinced that walking Turner to pitch to Muncy was so smart, why did he wait for Sousa to throw 3 pitches?

Hey Rick. Hey Jerry. Hey Kenny. Hey Tony. If any of you 4 nitwits are reading this: f*** you. You all suck ass at your jobs 

I guess you missed the wild pitch that opened up first base. When there was a runner on first they pitched to him. 

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Yeah...he won't last much longer. He's got a short leash. Question is...who takes his place? OZZIE???

The problem is that almost everyone on this coaching staff is a TLR crony. So if they get rid of him and the replacement is in-house, I doubt anything really changes. It'll just be a less senile version of him. The problems in the org are deeper than just him. It probably starts with him, but it doesn't end there. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What a fucking lunatic. Sports is a fun thing to consume but there is very little anymore in Chicago to keep anyone interested. Bears, Hawks, Sux and Bulls are all run by a complete jokes of ownership groups and frankly do not deserve anyone's attention anymore. 

Edited by South Sider
  • Like 2

Handedness matchups are such bullshit. I'm sick of hearing about it. There's much more that goes into getting a player out than just having a different dominant hand. I mean, look at Moncada and Grandal. Both switch hitters, because hitting the opposite hand of the pitcher is supposed to give an advantage. How's that working out for them?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Players make physical errors.  It's part of the game.  What LaRussa did today and what he does on a daily basis is incompetence.

• Like 1

I will say I hav enjoyed the CHGO post game shows this year, and I liked Herb Lawrence going after TLR for his tone with the media, especially since it sounded like Merkin was the one that asked the question (couldn't tell to be honest).

Just now, Heads22 said:

I will say I hav enjoyed the CHGO post game shows this year, and I liked Herb Lawrence going after TLR for his tone with the media, especially since it sounded like Merkin was the one that asked the question (couldn't tell to be honest).

There were 2 questions FWIW, someone brought it up a second time.

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Handedness matchups are such bullshit. I'm sick of hearing about it. There's much more that goes into getting a player out than just having a different dominant hand. I mean, look at Moncada and Grandal. Both switch hitters, because hitting the opposite hand of the pitcher is supposed to give an advantage. How's that working out for them?

TLR is dying by platoon splits. The Dodgers guys said this perfectly yesterday when criticizing Tony's lineup. Tony loves to put his lineups with alternating handedness and he'll do it at the expense of putting his better hitters lower in the order. Is it a coincidence that the game he pulled that shit we ended up scoring 1 run when the offense has actually been producing at least 3-4 runs with the more right handed dominant lineup? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2