Moncada IL, Burger up; Burr IL, Foster up

CentralChamps21

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I like Moncada the player.  It just seems to be every time he has a minor tweak on the field, he makes it look like best case scenerio, he might be back next year.

This. I’m a big Moncada fan. And playing baseball everyday would hurt. But he acts like he has a season ending injury every couple weeks. Even if he’s fine in a day or two. I think that’s where the rep comes from. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Better range at 2nd than Madrigal!  (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Madrigal would have tried to field the ball, fumble it, and then manage to lose the grip on the ball as he's throwing it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This. I’m a big Moncada fan. And playing baseball everyday would hurt. But he acts like he has a season ending injury every couple weeks. Even if he’s fine in a day or two. I think that’s where the rep comes from. 

It’s just optics. Who cares. 

• Like 2

Everyone hates Ruiz from the Cleveland game in 2020

The issue with Moncada are the expectations outweigh the results.  He was traded for Sale and performed well out of the gate.  He also gives the impression he is not giving 100%.  I go back to the called strike three season where everyone begged for him to be less selective.  If Moncada could play 2B and Burger 3B they may be better equipped moving forward. 

Anderson has the theatrics that people like.  I personally think he is a terrible leadoff yet they will never move him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Anderson has the theatrics that people like.  I personally think he is a terrible leadoff yet they will never move him.

I don't know that TA is terrible at leadoff, but Moncada has the higher OBP and runs well. IF TA could get over his aversion to walks without sacrificing his bat-ball talent he'd be a better leadoff batter.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I’m trading him this offseason if I’m Hahn

Now you’ve gone and done it…after he was almost universally defended this past offseason.

Parkman will be on the loose.  He was at least partially right that something was amiss with how consistently bad his at-bats were across the spring.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Now you’ve gone and done it…after he was almost universally defended this past offseason.

Parkman will be on the loose.  He was at least partially right that something was amiss with how consistently bad his at-bats were across the spring.

According to Yoan, the injury occurred a couple of days ago,

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Potential .800 OPS bat has no value for crappy teams like the A's, Orioles, Pirates, and Reds? 

I've seen shittier prospects exchanged this offseason. 

But why would those crappy teams trade anything for him when they can just try and pick him up off waivers?  Unless they had players in a similar position (no more options and not going to make the OD roster) that would fit on the White Sox roster.

Seems like we have had one continuous string of bad luck with injuries since last season…

Guess we’ll get another expose on the training staff if these keeps up.

It’s certainly not going to discourage the Twins, Tigers and Indians.   Just have to wait until age 27-28 for Moncada to win the MVP like Buxton is threatening to do this year if he can stay healthy one full season.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Seems like we have had one continuous string of bad luck with injuries since last season…

Guess we’ll get another expose on the training staff if these keeps up.

It’s certainly not going to discourage the Twins, Tigers and Indians.   Just have to wait until age 27-28 for Moncada to win the MVP like Buxton is threatening to do this year if he can stay healthy one full season.

The injuries we are suffering now are kind of normal. Crochet was expected by many for sure. We can handle the 2 to 4 week injuries that happen every year in moderation. But those Eloy, Robert, Madrigal, and Grandal injuries from last year are back breakers.  

Worth noting that the Sox placed Crochet on the 10 day IL.  So they should still have a 40 man spot to play with.  Same with Yerm - while he probably won't need 2 months, dude is highly unlikely to ever make it back to Chicago, so they could put him on 60 day as well and just worry about the spot then. So perhaps up to 2 spots. 

54 minutes ago, bmags said:

\hawk voice

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Burger has a chance to be the best baseball we've ever seen.

"I'll tell you what, Stoney.  Back when I was playing with the Carmines, I worked with a guy just like Burger.  Quick hands, bald head, could hit a baseball.  I said back then, this guy is going to be a star."  Pause  "Don't know what happened to him."

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

"I'll tell you what, Stoney.  Back when I was playing with the Carmines, I worked with a guy just like Burger.  Quick hands, bald head, could hit a baseball.  I said back then, this guy is going to be a star."  Pause  "Don't know what happened to him."

I'll tell you what...young bald guys sure can eat steak....them and Brazilians.