Moncada IL, Burger up; Burr IL, Foster up

CentralChamps21

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Potential .800 OPS bat has no value for crappy teams like the A's, Orioles, Pirates, and Reds? 

I've seen shittier prospects exchanged this offseason. 

No options,  low batting average/ OBP,  35% K rate, and not much AAA experience. 

literally nobody all offseason that I can remember discussed ADOLFO (edited) as a remotely suitable option for us in RF but think there are like 10 teams that would jump on him to be a starting outfielder.

He has power for sure, he has poor contact and swings at a lot. The value of those guys has cratered. I hope he lands back here for sure, because you can see it all being put together, but  as hard as it is to believe a lot of orgs have guys like this.

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

literally nobody all offseason that I can remember discussed Moncada as a remotely suitable option for us in RF but think there are like 10 teams that would jump on him to be a starting outfielder.

He has power for sure, he has poor contact and swings at a lot. The value of those guys has cratered. I hope he lands back here for sure, because you can see it all being put together, but  as hard as it is to believe a lot of orgs have guys like this.

I’m assuming you typod this and meant Adolfo?

Edited by mqr

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

VV & Keuchel are the only issue in that list for me. The rest is just the nature of bullpens. Red sox rode a rule 5 pick and a yankee castoff and made a hell of a bullpen last year. They could all explode, but ruiz/crick/sousa/banks could easily find some really strong MR roles there because pitching is wild.

Both of them are fine for a number 5 starter who would get skipped occasionally and be the long relief swing man at others.

Unfortunately one of then will need to be the number 4 and in the regular rotation until Lynn returns.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Wooo, Leury isn't leading off!

Guessing tomorrow's lineup will be

1. Pollock RF

2. Robert CF

3. Abreu 1B

4. Grandal C

5. Jimenez LF

6. Vaughn DH

7. Leury SS

8. Harrison 2B

9. Burger 3B

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This is not season ending, obviously.

But Yoan's ability to stay healthy and productive is quite depressing to me.

Especially with $41 million owed to him for 2023 and 2024. 

I’m trading him this offseason if I’m Hahn

• Like 1