Moncada IL, Burger up; Burr IL, Foster up

CentralChamps21

43 minutes ago, bmags said:

101. Gotta say they were a lot different than I remember picking. I remember having aisle seats in 100 then I think my brother asked me to pick another seat up in the package and now I'm smack dab in the aisle which is hell for the games where I have little ones so I may see where I can exchange on those games.

But anyway point was I wanted to be in 100 because in 2020 I said I would kill to watch Robert live in CF and then due to injury and then insanely bad luck at games it wasn't until the playoffs last year I saw them, in the upper deck corners lol.

Nice. I'm in the first row, on the aisle in 162. It's nice to get in and out and have no one in front of me.

Get a real good look at the CF and LF.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Where it’s going to really hurt is facing tough RHP. The lineup now gets even more right-handed, and I don’t think Burger has a prayer against righty sliders.

Most rookies don’t. But if he shows out, hard to send him back down imo when Yoan comes back. Not at this point in his career/age

I think the Moncada injury is all a conspiracy.  The Sox wanted an excuse to get Buger in the lineup. Once he does well and Moncada comes back they will move Burger to second and have 2 super utility guys in Garcia and Harrison.  TLR likes his utility guys and insisted upon it.

Edited by ptatc

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still not convinced the Twins are actually better than they were last year in terms of raw talent on the roster.  They got buried by a terrible start, but talent-wise, I am not convinced they improved.  I do expect them to play better than 73-89 baseball, but still think they're going to max out within 3-4 games of .500 one way or the other, unless they trade off Correa, Gray, Kepler, etc midseason. 

I do think you have to give them props for Correa as opposed to Donaldson, that's a legit upgrade. 

Other than that, they have the same problem as last year - a patchwork pitching staff. But...the Twins have an obnoxious habit of making the playoffs with a patchwork pitching staff. 2019, 100 win team, starting rotation of Berrios, Martin Perez (ERA 5), Jake Odorizzi, Kyle Gibson, and Michael Pineda? Come on, that rotation shouldn't win 90 I don't care how many home runs your team hits.

A real weakness on them though? I wonder if they've set themselves up really poorly with Gary Sanchez at catcher having to work with those pitchers. Combination of bad defense and bad overall catching might not be what that patchwork pitching staff needs to hold together.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think the Moncada injury is all a conspiracy.  The Sox wanted an excuse to get Buger in the lineup. Once he does well and Moncada comes back they will move Burger to second and have 2 super utility guys in Garcia and Harrison.  TLR likes his utility guys and insisted upon it.

As ridiculous as this situation is, the plan at second base couldn’t lend itself better to your conspiracy theory 😏

Quite honestly it could be the best remaining option. I hate Jake Burger playing second with the heat of a white hot sun……..So lets do this lol

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I do think you have to give them props for Correa as opposed to Donaldson, that's a legit upgrade. 

Other than that, they have the same problem as last year - a patchwork pitching staff. But...the Twins have an obnoxious habit of making the playoffs with a patchwork pitching staff. 2019, 100 win team, starting rotation of Berrios, Martin Perez (ERA 5), Jake Odorizzi, Kyle Gibson, and Michael Pineda? Come on, that rotation shouldn't win 90 I don't care how many home runs your team hits.

A real weakness on them though? I wonder if they've set themselves up really poorly with Gary Sanchez at catcher having to work with those pitchers. Combination of bad defense and bad overall catching might not be what that patchwork pitching staff needs to hold together.

Gary Sanchez won't be catching much.  Jeffers is going to be primary catcher.  

They have a good offense, albeit one that won't take many walks.  Even Buxton has a career OBP of just .299.  Guys they added besides Correa are all low OBP guys. But if Correa and Buck stay healthy, they're going to hang around .500 even with the pitching.     

But hte pitching staff really is horrible.  Its worse than last year.  Berrios and Meada both gone, and those would be their 2 best pitchers. I've never been a huge Sonny Gray guy, he's solid enough, but as their ace? Gross. Lost their best pen piece today in an already awful group of relievers.  I just don't see it.  I think Correa is playing somewhere else by mid July. 

6 hours ago, bmags said:

And so begins Jake Burgers ROTY campaign @Quin

I'm definitely on that train.  I'm hoping he can stake his claim on a starting spot at either 3rd or 2B 

"4. Jake Burger: there is no one who deserves to be here more.  Either by sheer perseverance or skill, Burger missed 3+ seasons because of a couple torn achilles and the pandemic but he still managed to prove there is a legit mlb caliber player ready to star.  Burger hit .274 with 18 HR at AAA and looked comfortable hitting .263 with 1 HR over 15 games in the bigs.  He is only going to get better with further health and time to actually hone his skills.  I fully believe if the Sox ever trade him or man up and give him a spot he is a .275 hitter with 25+ HR potential."    

Edited by Polar Bear
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Jeffers will get a lot of starts, as the pitchers really prefer working with him…with Sanchez at DH.

36 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I'm definitely on that train.  I'm hoping he can stake his claim on a starting spot at either 3rd or 2B 

"4. Jake Burger: there is no one who deserves to be here more.  Either by sheer perseverance or skill, Burger missed 3+ seasons because of a couple torn achilles and the pandemic but he still managed to prove there is a legit mlb caliber player ready to star.  Burger hit .274 with 18 HR at AAA and looked comfortable hitting .263 with 1 HR over 15 games in the bigs.  He is only going to get better with further health and time to actually hone his skills.  I fully believe if the Sox ever trade him or man up and give him a shit he is a .275 hitter with 25+ HR potential."    

I too hope they allow Burger to shit.

• Haha 2