2022 Prospect Predictions

Chicago White Sox

Since Opening Day is here for three of four affiliates, let’s throw out some predictions:

• Oscar Colas hits 25+ HRs across three levels and ends the year as top 50 prospect
  • Bryan Ramos posts a ~120 wRC+ for the Dash and starts cracking top 100 lists
  • Chase Krogman cuts his K rate down to ~25% and reestablishes his prospect status
  • Misael Gonzalez hits 17+ HRs and cements himself as a top 10 organizational prospect
  • Sean Burke will have a monster year and surpass Vera as our top pitching prospect
  • Matthew Thompson drops his BB rate to roughly 3/9 and finishes with a sub 4.00 FIP
  • Brooks Gosswein has a sub 3.00 FIP in Low A and is promoted to W-S by June 1st

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

No one has predictions?  @bmags @DirtySox @BamaDoc @SoxAce @fathom @Y2Jimmy0

One of you must feel bullish or bearish about someone?

Hah. I actually posted a single prediction in one of the game threads, and it's that Sean Burke has a monster season. Something Daniel Hudson esque.

I want some @Harold's Leg Lift predictions.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bmags said:

we def need some pitchers to show up. Last year was the worst pitching performance in the minors I can remember.

I'm hoping for bounce back / velo increase from Ronaldo Guzman. Had a nice year in DSL as a 16 y.o. Lost 2020, and him and mena were awful as 18 y.o. in rookie ball. 

Guys I'm looking forward to their sequal based on limited last year(burke excluded): a lot of the 2021 class Sommer, Edwards, Simas, Luna. Jordan Mikel was really good in Kanny then struggled more in Hi-A but was still K'ing people. So that will be interesting to see.

Position player wise Hackenberg was awesome last year and maybe we get some more fun from Terrell Tatum. Victor Quezada will be the big watch for me since he did something rare and hit for decent power in DSL.

Krogman's high OBP, 10 HRs but zero hitting will be amazing if he can find some contact.

Could be a fun, lo-pressure follow on the farm since it's mostly garbage.

Thank you for allowing your reply to be my season hotwatch list.

I'm picking 2 hitters and 2 pitchers.

I think Bryan Ramos is going to explode this year. Shoulder is healthy and I think will be on some Top 100 lists next year. Love the hit tool and has enough power to stay at 3B. Crossing my fingers Sox don't trade him in a future deal. Also, going to pick Luis Mieses. Still super young and has a lot of nice tools. Last year we saw a lot growth  and I believe it will continue to this year with his hitting tools. He needs to continue progressing with the knowing the strike zone and getting some more BB's to the profile.  I like Andrew Dalquist taking a big leap this year. He added some needed weight in his bottom half/core and I think that will help with velocity and mechanics  getting deeper in the games.  I think he will make the biggest leap this year among are young pitchers. I'm going to throw one out from left field and pick Isiah Carranza. He's another year removed from Tommy John and his velocity came back towards the tale end of last year. 

Edited by PolishPrince34
  • Like 2

Second big picture and I know that it isn't the most important function of the minors, but I hope our affiliates are more competitive  this year for the sake of their local fans.  We had some horrendous records last year.  I am not advocating a lot of over age non prospects but I think it can be useful to a player's development to learn in a winning environment.  You are much more likely to hit behind runners/move them over in close games than when you are getting your brains beat in.  If the team sucks, it is natural to self focus not focus on the team.  Yes I am older.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, PolishPrince34 said:

I'm picking 2 hitters and 2 pitchers.

I think Bryan Ramos is going to explode this year. Shoulder is healthy and I think will be on some Top 100 lists next year. Love the hit tool and has enough power to stay at 3B. Crossing my fingers Sox don't trade him in a future deal. Also, going to pick Luis Mieses. Still super young and has a lot of nice tools. Last year we saw a lot growth  and I believe it will continue to this year with his hitting tools. He needs to continue progressing with the knowing the strike zone and getting some more BB's to the profile.  I like Andrew Dalquist taking a big leap this year. He added some needed weight in his bottom half/core and I think that will help with velocity and mechanics  getting deeper in the games.  I think he will make the biggest leap this year among are young pitchers. I'm going to throw one out from left field and pick Isiah Carranza. He's another year removed from Tommy John and his velocity came back towards the tale end of last year. 

I like these picks.