GT: Sox @ Tigers (Giolito v Rodriguez) 12:10 CT NBCSN

bmags

Just now, 2Deep said:

When does the Aaron Bummer pitching in the 8th inning of games experiment end?  We keep seeing the same movie but stupid enough to go back and buy another ticket.

Bummer probably should have pitched the 7th today, but Crick fucked up so badly in the 6th that Graveman had to come in early. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

This is better than him saying he is concerned because of what trainers have said. Gio may have just not felt comfortable throwing and knowing our pitching situation wanted to play it safe. 

I don't know that Giolito would have asked out if he thought it was just a cramp.

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

When does the Aaron Bummer pitching in the 8th inning of games experiment end?  We keep seeing the same movie but stupid enough to go back and buy another ticket.

When Kelly is back from the DL

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Isn’t that three weeks though?  I get a pitcher would require longer rehab, but eight for an oblique injury like that seems lengthy.  But what the fuck do I know.

That would depend on severity I'd guess. 

Some good today (Pollock’s a player, Vaughn looks ready to destroy, moving runners with Abreu up), lots of bad today (Bullpen not throwing strikes, offense went to sleep along with TLR late, Lucas had to leave unwillingly) and that was just one game! Tigers look pesky so remind them who rules this division tmr! :bringit

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

A cramp could hurt going through the pitching motion. And it is cold outside? 

I feel like he'd have gone to the coaches and say "man I'm cramping up, I can pitch through it but what can I do" and then LaRussa would be saying "We pulled him because he was cramping up and we wanted to be extra careful", not "He knew something felt wrong"

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I feel like he'd have gone to the coaches and say "man I'm cramping up, I can pitch through it but what can I do" and then LaRussa would be saying "We pulled him because he was cramping up and we wanted to be extra careful", not "He knew something felt wrong"

Considering he’s still being evaluated, it’s likely not a cramp