GT: Sox @ Tigers (Giolito v Rodriguez) 12:10 CT NBCSN

bmags

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

"Don’t think this team is nearly as good as they believe and other teams in this weak ass division aren’t nearly as bad. "

Again, you came to this conclusion after one game and without KC and Cleveland even playing one game.  Your spring training analysis must have been very thorough.  Come back and tell us after 2 months how good you think the rest of this division is.   

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I’ve been pessimistic about this team the entire off-season. I don’t think they run away with the division. But I’ll come find ya in two months 👍🏼

1 hour ago, tray said:

Eloy or Vaughn would have had that ball. Pollock was too nonchalant given the situation. You have to look that ball into your glove and  put the game away.

You mean into the tenth…where Ruiz likely would have been pitching and Harrison leading off. 

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

😜 Comforto would have had that one in his back pocket   

Pollock looked fine until the bottom of the 9th.

Was that the first time he ever played in Detroit?  Maybe one series his entire career prior to today…?

We can blame the rain, but he didn’t get all the way back to the wall and post up as quickly as he needed to…he was drifting a bit and then didn’t get a good jump up when he hit the wall.  It’s only like 8 or 8 1/2 feet there, right?

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You mean into the tenth…where Ruiz likely would have been pitching and Harrison leading off. 

The last out was Pollock, so it would have been Robert, Abreu, Grandal, with Pollock on 2b.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The last out was Pollock, so it would have been Robert, Abreu, Grandal, with Pollock on 2b.

Guess I was thinking of the first blown lead in the 8th…Harrison led off the top of the 9th I think.  Oh well, it doesn’t even matter at this point.  Jimenez would have had the advantage over the remaining Sox pen guys.

Thought about PHing Mendick just because he had a better chance to homer off Soto.

31 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

also a big difference doing a job he's done his entire career. 

This argument seems familiar, where did we hear it?... btw, is Kelenic going to DH more, or Haniger? 

Wonder why the Sox can't do the same with Eloy. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol he gave up 2 hits and a run. An 18 whip and 9 Era and you're pounding your chest.

SSS, lol.  Let's see where he is May 15th. 

Pretty crazy how Miggy Cabrera has two huge hits on consecutive Opening Days at home in miserable weather... 

Edited by caulfield12

59 minutes ago, T R U said:

Yikes, I just saw the Pollock play on MLB network for the first time. How do you not catch that? Just bad. 

I give him a pass. He's an NL guy playing in Detroit without the benefit of playing much RF in his life. So not at all familiar with the ball park.

But like some said you get the lead you perhaps, at that point, put your best defensive OF out there to protect the 1 run lead. Did you see Torkelson trying to catch popups in foul ground ?

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

Watched most of this at work.

Lineup needs to score more than 4, bullpen needs to be better, especially Liam, and AJP needs to catch that.

This is the third time today I’ve thought someone was talking about Pierzynski at first look. We need a better nickname that one is taken:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I give him a pass. He's an NL guy playing in Detroit without the benefit of playing much RF in his life. So not at all familiar with the ball park.

But like some said you get the lead you perhaps, at that point, put your best defensive OF out there to protect the 1 run lead. Did you see Torkelson trying to catch popups in foul ground ?

I have a hard time giving a MLB outfielder a pass for misjudging a fly ball. He was there, he just simply didn’t catch it.