Put Burger at 2B (or Yoan at 2B and Burger at 3B)

ron883

I've seen about enough Josh Harrison already. He's going to be added to the long list of "cheap" FA signees that end up being a complete waste of money. 

Burger looks like a dude that can hit. Plus, he made that slick play at 2B recently. I can't find the video. It's out there though. 

Either Burger to 2B or Yoan to 2B. 

Edited by ron883
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I've seen about enough Josh Harrison already. He's going to be added to the long list of "cheap" FA signees that end up being a complete waste of money. 

Burger looks like a dude that can hit. Plus, he made that slick play at 2B recently. I can't find the video. It's out there though. 

Either Burger to 2B or Yoan to 2B. 

LOL.  They need to showcase Burger at third for a starting pitcher trade and hope and pray Moncada stays healthy for the remainder of the season. 

Better not to get Burger injured playing out of position as well... imagine him handling the Candelario takeout slide/roll block. 

And you play who at 3B for two to three weeks?  Mendick? Leury? 

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, runtheballdown said:

Yea Harrison looked bad in ST and bad today. You’re going to have to outscore teams this year versus out pitching teams last year. Put the best bats out there. Burger is one of the best bats

If they are that desperate for offense (see 2006 Anderson vs. Mackowiak) that they need to force Burger in at second where's he will be far below average... they should have just signed Eduardo Escobar in the first place. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

LOL.  They need to showcase Burger at third for a starting pitcher trade and hope and pray Moncada stays healthy for the remainder of the season. 

Better not to get Burger injured playing out of position as well... imagine him handling the Candelario takeout slide/roll block. 

And you play who at 3B for two to three weeks?  Mendick? Leury? 

Praying someone stays healthy isn't a sustainable strategy. It's okay to have depth in the upper minors without immediately trading it away. There is a big role for Burger to play on the '22 team if he isn't traded. I'm not necessarily opposed to doing so but the idea of trading equivalently valued prospects that won't impact the big league club is more appealing to me than trading Burger away for pitching help. He is going to play a lot and be a valuable member of the team this season. If he gets traded, that production is going to be filled by replacement level type players and that should be factored into any trade that includes him (especially) or Sheets as well.

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Praying someone stays healthy isn't a sustainable strategy. It's okay to have depth in the upper minors without immediately trading it away. There is a big role for Burger to play on the '22 team if he isn't traded. I'm not necessarily opposed to doing so but the idea of trading equivalently valued prospects that won't impact the big league club is more appealing to me than trading Burger away for pitching help. He is going to play a lot and be a valuable member of the team this season. If he gets traded, that production is going to be filled by replacement level type players and that should be factored into any trade that includes him (especially) or Sheets as well.

Well, then they basically have no one of value to trade other than Montgomery, Kath and Colas.  Maybe Brayan Ramos.

I can't believe I am saying this after one game but I think I would rather have Leury at 2B than Harrison. Leury has a gun for an arm and that helps turn double plays.

Maybe not unthinkable to explore possibilities by starting Burger at 2B  for a few games with  Leury at 3B  until Yoan comes back.  I was really impressed with Burger's composure at 3B as he handled the routine plays easily.

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The Sox weren't in sole possession of first place last year until May 7th, and that was with an earlier season start. 

I know but it is so much fun to overreact to one bad loss. 😂

Not a Harrison fan personally, but let's give him a chance at least

The money spent on Velasquez, Harrison, Kelly, and Cueto could have been put to much better use

Graveman, Kimbrel for Pollock dump, and a splashier add would have been a fine off season...We don't need camp bodies

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I'd rather Burger prove he's the real deal, and trade Moncada in the offseason, get a couple of decent prospects and clear a lot of payroll so that we can make this team better.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will never understand the ill will a portion of this fanbase has against Moncada because he doesn’t play with the fire and passion.

Some guys are just more reserved on the field.  No one actually knows the level of fire or passion Moncada plays with even if he’s not overly effusive out there.  It’s all stupid projection from some fragile insecure meatheads IMO.  Moncada isn’t w/o his flaws as a player but the shit people attack him for has less to do with Moncada than it does with biases in said fans.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I'd rather Burger prove he's the real deal, and trade Moncada in the offseason, get a couple of decent prospects and clear a lot of payroll so that we can make this team better.

I fully expect Leury and to a lesser extent AV to get plenty of reps at 3B while Yoan is down. TLR is just crazy enough to play AV there; in fact, I expect it tomorrow .

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

It is too early to be this intoxicated. 

All you have to do is watch the games to know I'm right.  Moncada was not good last season and he was even worse in ST.  A .260 avg with 14 HRs for Moncada last season.  Burger gets to that before the All-Star break if playing everyday 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

All you have to do is watch the games to know I'm right.  Moncada was not good last season and he was even worse in ST.  A .260 avg with 14 HRs for Moncada last season.  Burger gets to that before the All-Star break if playing everyday 

No wonder. This is a old man's take.  There is more to baseball than batting average and home runs.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Not a Harrison fan personally, but let's give him a chance at least

The money spent on Velasquez, Harrison, Kelly, and Cueto could have been put to much better use

Graveman, Kimbrel for Pollock dump, and a splashier add would have been a fine off season...We don't need camp bodies

Reinsdorf doesn't do $plashy. 

His shtick for 40 plus years is Catching Lightning in a Bottle.

Worked great in 2005 when he did The Mambo and got career years out of everybody - including the vendors.

He hadn't won a ship before or since 2005.

Ships are coincidental to that ownership, not the primary objective....CLEARLY

Edited by GradMc

11 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Moncada was worth 4.5 fWAR last season. You have no idea what you’re talking about. 

• Like 2