GAMETHREAD 4/9/22: Sox vs Tigers (Cease vs Mize) 12:10 pm CST

TheTruth05

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Yeah but don't think he should be a clean up hitter. He is much better at working counts and getting on base then trying to hit a flyball or a single/double to drive guys in. He is a better 2 hitter or probably 6 or 7

His lack of speed is why I don't like him 2nd, but its hard to argue against the OBP.  Needing him to break up the RH bats in the middle of the order just speaks to the need for LHH power.

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Yeah but don't think he should be a clean up hitter. He is much better at working counts and getting on base then trying to hit a flyball or a single/double to drive guys in. He is a better 2 hitter or probably 6 or 7

Is that really the profile of a cleanup hitter?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Is that really the profile of a cleanup hitter?

To drive runners in? I would say so. First two or three get on it is likely he needs a sac fly or a hit to drive someone in. It isn't like Grandal is a huge power hitter if that is what you look for in your clean up hitter

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

To drive runners in? I would say so. First two or three get on it is likely he needs a sac fly or a hit to drive someone in. It isn't like Grandal is a huge power hitter if that is what you look for in your clean up hitter

I actually like the idea of Abreu hitting 4th just because he's a lot more likely to be smarter in a situation where there's a guy on 3rd. Grandal is a swing and miss guy despite his approach and eye. You do run into the likelihood that Abreu will ground into a double play though.